Sunday 31 May 2020

In the Garden

Another glorious day today and it would have been peaceful but for the hedge trimmers this morning blasting away over the back and then someone has spent the afternoon cutting down a beautiful old tree with a chainsaw over the back.  The noise has been very annoying but not as sad as another tree going down.  I know they need to be moved in certain areas if they are dangerous or diseased but there seems to be a lot of it at the moment.  A property sold not far from here recently and there has been a lot of work going on, there were various trees and shrubs around the property but not any more.  The entire front and side has been cleared of every bush, tree or anything remotely resembling greenery and it is a big area and now it looks like it will all just be hard landscaping. It is not my business and people can do what they like but I don't get it, it just looks like all the character of the land has gone.   Does anyone remember that song with the lyrics 'they paved paradise and put up a parking lot' well yes they did that!

I am happy to say it is the last day of me made May, I am wearing a very bargain stash skirt that I made with a £1.25 remnant some time ago and it is one that I love.  Self drafted a-line with a side zip and button, t shirt is challis again own pattern, a simple back and front piece ( not to be confused with my green jersey t shirt with the buttons on the front)   I do realise I have made two very similar tops.

This photo is a bit bright and doesn't do the colours of the skirt justice but I have shared it in the past.

After watching spring watch the other evening I went on the website to have a look at the survey they mentioned about pollinators.  There wasn't a lot to it but I did it anyway, I spent ages trying to get some good shots of the bees and wasps but they be still? ;)  When you go on it only lets you add one pollinator at a time so I had to go back to add another and go through the whole form again.  I had more to add but stopped at that point I will probably do some  more on another day.  It would be a nice thing to show  children and get them involved looking, there is a link about the different pollinators so they know what they are looking at.

This hedgerow is behind our fence and the bees love it.


I got a bit carried away taking phots of bees so I will stop there, I am sure when all my plants flower there will be a lot more to see in the garden too.

With a new month ahead I am on the look out for a new challenge I am not sure what it will be but I always feel the start of a new month is a good time to begin new projects.  I had an idea a while ago that I might like to have a go at making videos about sewing, well I have changed my mind on that.  I filmed a very short intro the other day about something I planned to do just to test the sound and I really don't like it.  Writing down random thoughts here is fine but filming no that is not happening, I also felt slightly mad talking to myself too.   

There was a little email stating my Burda magazine is on the way so hopefully I will be able to share plans from that soon, I am looking forward to trying it out and seeing if it lives up to its repuatation.

Well bye for now, I will be returning to a more relaxed blogging routine now that May is over, back soon. 






4 comments:

  1. I am very impressed that you managed to blog every day for the whole month! Well done! I guess it helps when there's a purpose - and when you have such a lovely array of hand made clothing!!
    I agree on the tree cutting issue. I feel the same way when I see another house sold and the new owners raze every tree and shrub to the ground. Grrrr makes me mad. I live in a rural area and also see farmers doing the same - they pull out hedges and other trees that are along fence lines and leave nothing for bird and animal habitats. Oh I could go on about this but I'd better stop ;o)
    Looking forward to seeing what challenge you plan to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so, so sad when tress are cut down. I really wonder what people are thinking unless of course it is diseased. But still that even breaks my heart. You look lovely by the way. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great outfit, I love the skirt. Maybe a challenge where you have a go at a new craft or hobby. I have attempted poetry and a little watercolour, neither have been a huge success but it certainly was a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Joni Mitchell, it makes me mad too.Thank you so much for the patterns you sent, you should be a personal shopper!They are all fabulous. I have been on the look out for a pinafore pattern and the pink one is perfect. I had a large piece of boucle in a different colourway to the one I sent you and I want to make a lined winter pinafore. Great swaps Diane. Love Jo x
    https//joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...