Wednesday 27 May 2020

A Change of Plan

I got a bit distracted from my sewing plans today, the weather was far too nice to sit inside and there were too many plants looking sad in their pots that needed to go out in the garden.  Also the dress I am planning to make is quite thick jersey and I had intended the three quarter sleeve version as I will get more wear out of it through the year.  That sort of sewing is not motivating enough when you think you may not be wearing it yet, plus my little sewing area was roasting hot.

Here is the pattern and the fabric for another day...

It is even stripy like the one on the cover, I bought this fabric just before lockdown began from our local fabric shop Happy Hare follow that link if you want a peek she has a shop on Etsy and lots of lovely fabrics. I have been saving it to work on as a treat so there was no point doing it when I wasn't feeling like it.

I did alter two dresses when I got up first thing, the one I am wearing was a little big in the arm holes so I sorted that plus a bit down each side. Another dress has a cross over bodice and gaped a bit on one side so I unpicked and sorted that too, to wear another day.

Last night we finished watching the last episode of a series on TV called white lines, what a lot of rubbish I don't know why we stuck with it, so if you come across it give it a miss.

Here is my me made May 2020 day 27 ...


This dress is about five years old I think, I remember the fabric was only about £5 and I chose to use it a bit differently to create this v at the front. My own pattern another skater style dress, the colour is actually a peachy beige not white and I added a bit of lace around each arm hole but you can't really see that in the picture.

Another dress that I will get out more often now instead of saving them for what I don't know? It is very satisfying to see all the hangers turned the other way showing that everything is getting worn.  However it would have been different had I been in work more as some things I wouldn't wear for work or you have to take into account how cold the building is even in summer or if you are out on duty will you get cold etc.  

So far as I am aware I will be in work on Monday unless anything changes between now and then, my son has been told they are now going to go back to the office a few in and a few at home on a rota as of next week. Things are starting to move but is it going to be unpleasant with everyone dashing out of each others way, I'm not sure how I feel about it, this fear of others that we have spent so long protesting about is it now going to be the norm? I hope not.

Bye for now. 



1 comment:

  1. The First Minister announces her plans for us coming out of lockdown later today, strange times. Loved the new pattern and fabric I have to be careful with a stripe as I am a little overweight and it seems to highlight that fact.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...