Wednesday 3 June 2020

Sewing Plans

Today I have been back at work all day, I was in yesterday but only for the morning it is very different at the moment and I will be happy when things are back to normal as I am sure most people will be. When I got home I had another look through my Burda magazine which arrived a few days ago, I do like the look and the layout and I keep picking it up for another skim through.  I think it is the production and styling of it that is just not there in  some of the other sewing magazines.  Experience will tell how well I find the patterns but most people swear by this magazine so I have high hopes.

I have sat and made some plans of what I would like to make from this copy...
 
So first up is that jumpsuit on the front cover, I was in two minds to go for a  tropical print for that but I have followed the rules for once and looked at the fabric suggestions then I found a lovely coral fabric, I ordered that fabric an hour ago so I will have to wait now to make it.
As the fabric is ordered this one is a definite make coming up, after that I saw this little child's jacket that I would like to make for my friend's son possibly both her sons but the sizing doesn't go down far enough so I may have to see what I can do there.  The fabric is ordered for these too but I went for a print, it is styled for a girl in the image but it is a unisex jacket.


There were a couple of other things that caught my eye and one of them I may do as a refashion from a £1 maxi dress from a charity shop I bought a while ago.  It is a top with a ruffle, not always sure how I feeel about ruffles so it is maybe best to try it on some thrifted fabrc first.
There may be some problematic tan lines with that back though!

I will not bombard you with the other ideas just yet but there were a couple more, obviously there will not be time to make everything I like right now and of course I wouldn't spend that much. There were a couple of sales from my bags last week so I felt I could treat myself to some fabric this week.

My latest bag creation is this one...
This was an idea of using this sample so it would do both sides, I also used the red fabric from the shorts ( did you spot it Jo?)

One more thing before I go and it is a little photo of one of my plant babies starting to flower, there are a few that are getting  close now but his is the first of the year from all the seeds I planted.


Bye for now. 


5 comments:

  1. My goodness another amazing bag. Such a great make. You certainly got a lot of ideas out of one publication, well worth the money I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of patterns in one magazine! I think it would overwhelm me. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you'll be extra busy with all that sewing and going back to work! I'm impressed with all your 'makes' and am looking forward to seeing which one is next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be busy working on all those new and wonderful projects. The jump suit is wonderful, but I fear I am way too tall for something like that I would look plain silly. I hope your fabric comes soon and you love it. Have fun and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I did spot it. Some great plans Dianne. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...