Saturday 30 May 2020

Me Made May Nearly There

At the start of this month I really had doubts as to whether I could get through the month without resorting to jeans or repeating the same outfit twice, well one day to go and it has nearly finished. The weather has smiled on us all month so that has helped and there are summer outfits getting an airing that haven't seen the light of day for some time.  This has also helped me to realise that there is nothing wrong with wearing the clothes you love around the house, you don't have to be in a bar or at a party you can do it just for you.  This dress I am wearing today didn't cost me a penny just my time, the fabric is black cotton shirting and came in a grab  bag to test for Minerva some time ago with lots of other bits of remnants.  The cherry fabric was leftover from a vintage style dress I made for someone for a wedding and I backed that with white cotton bits that I already had.  I also made an under skirt in black as it is quite thin and that stands out a little with a frill at the bottom, it was maybe only worn once last year for a meal out.


It is a New Look pattern that I have had for many years, the first time I made it I did it in red satin for a Christmas party about thirteen years ago.  I made it long then hated it and made it knee length it was only worn a couple of times mainly I think because of the red satin, it is not exactly a look for everyday despite what I said above, some fabrics really do shout special occasion!

My only issue with this dress style is that I feel a little exposed across the chest, I have only been around the house so that is fine but I prefer to be a bit more covered in that area.  A bare back is another thing, strappy tops out of the house and I worry about burnt skin.

There has been some creativity in the form of a bag this morning but I will share that another day perhaps as it is a gift, there is another cut out and ready to go for tomorrow.

I have been sat in the sun today but I turned the lounger around and put the throw across my shoulders so they wouldn't burn.  I know sun screen, but it only protects so much. I was only out for a little while yesterday and although I had cream on my shoulders were very pink.

We have been watching a drama series called Little Fires Everywhere, it is based on a book and I am enjoying it.  It stars Reese Witherspoon and if you can get past the first few episodes it is an engaging story, I wasn't sure at first so stick with it.

That is all for today, take care.




2 comments:

  1. Could you perhaps add a piece of fabric for modesty like you I prefer something a little higher. It is a lovely dress perfect for any ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with these posts! Another lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...