Sunday 10 May 2020

My Favourite Burda Jacket

Today I am layered up for me made May 2020 day 10 with tights and a jacket to leave the house, yes I left the house to go shopping.  Who would have thought that the weekly shop would become an event, but it is and with a cold, cloudy day a jacket was required.  Something of a change from yesterday.  I made this jacket a few years ago I think it is Burda Young 7018 and I have since made another in cotton, it is a lovely pattern and I used a really good quality black denim for it.  Originally it had a pink and white Paul Smith cotton lining it, now that is still in there but has since been covered over with a slinky blue lining that slides much better over clothes.   The added lining now makes this quite a warm jacket while still looking smart.


The dress I made quite recently and is a simple sew top pattern lengthened into a dress.  Another favourite style for its simplicity.


I managed to get on with cutting  out another pattern from the Tilly stretch book,  this time the Freya sweater.  The fabric in mind for this is a textured jersey with a stripe, I bought the fabric because I like red and it was inexpensive.  It was also destined to be a long sleeved top as my aim is to start adding a few more basic bits that can go with skirts  as my pattern mad brain will always lead me towards the prints creating unmatchable separates!  There are two skirts in my wardrobe with red in so  this top will fit right in.   I will share more on that tomorrow.

This book has proved to be really useful and I will have a look out for her other books, as I mentioned before I got it from the library and then lockdown occurred and we were given a long extension on all the books we already had out.  Due to this I have had this book a while now although I did read all of it the first few days and made plans for what I wanted, it has been nice to keep revisiting it and having another  browse.   I own a Japanese pattern book that is lovely to look at but the patterns in that one are very faffy to trace off as there are so many lines!  Also all of the clothes come out much smaller than the sizes stated.  So if you are looking for a book for a gift or to treat yourself the Tilly stretch book is a good one.   My only slight modification is to make the sleeves a little wider on the patterns.

We have a viewing empty space this evening, as I have said before we don't follow many t.v shows as they are aired but we have been a fan of Sunday evening Homeland, what will I fill that with?  

Well I hope you are all having a relaxing weekend and are ready for the week ahead, I have just watched the update on the virus situation and it doesn't seem too much is changing just yet, just keep doing as we have been and keep smiling.







4 comments:

  1. You are looking so beautiful in all of your dresses, and that jacket is just perfect! Well done on your Me Made May. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the jacket that is a real keeper. Your sundress in the last post is amazing too I hope you get to wear it on more sunny days to come over the months. I agree dressing up to go on a weekly shop is quite fun! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great looking jacket! My mum used Burda magazines for her dress making since I was tiny and in fact still has a box or two of them! They are mostly from the 60's and 70's and such a hoot to look through! If I ever mention that I need a pattern for something or other, she immediately pulls a box out and suggests I find one in one of the mags - to save money. I rarely do because they are just not my style!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is an amazing make, a wonderful addition to any outfit. No change here in Scotland still in lockdown. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...