Tuesday 26 May 2020

Useful Scraps

Today has just flown by and I have been sewing as usual so maybe that was because I was enjoying myself so much, I had emptied out a scrap bag of fabric bits onto the table this morning and spent some time browsing that.  I don't always know what I will use until I have had a look through and thought about what else I have that might go with it.

There wasn't a very big piece of this strawberry thief fabric left so I have done each side of the bag a little different.  I took the scraps off, or a quick iron and they looked instantly more useable, then I paired them with denim from jeans, some strips of faux leather and recycled duvet sheeting for lining.

I spent so long pondering because I was trying different pieces next to the birds to see what would look good to border it.  It is not always what you initially think, as I certainly didn't have that turquoise in mind originally, I really like it together though.

Here is the other side...
This is what my table looked like and though these are all just little bits you will see them feature in something at some point in the future.
The bag has not been listed yet I may do that tomorrow, I do intend to make a dress tomorrow so  I will be using a whole piece of new fabric ooh!

For todays me made May 2020 day 26 I am wearing an old dress, it has become quite faded on the  black parts now but still wearable.  I often wear it in cooler months with a black top under it and tights so it has been very versatile.  It was made to my own pattern in skater  dress style.
We haven't been very far today one of my dogs has been a bit sick, I am not sure if he is just too hot so we stayed home and I tried to get him to just rest. I hope he picks up tomorrow he has been better this last few hours, or we will be visiting the vet.

That's it for now, take care.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do love a good bag of scrappy bits and pieces!!! So much potential! And your finished bag does look really lovely with the turquoise ribbony bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great bag creation, loved the bird fabric and the turquoise just pops and frames it beautifully. Hope the dog is a little better today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...