Thursday 28 May 2020

A Gift

This morning I received a lovely package of fabric from Jo at Three Stories High I am so grateful as these pieces come in really handy for bag making and all sorts.  I was immediately grabbed by this one particular piece that I thought was just right for shorts, remember the baggy shorts were not for me. Well this piece will be more fitted from a pattern I often hack and I have them all cut out and ready to go...


There are no pockets on the pattern I thought a couple on the back might add a bit of interest.

Here is my fabric pile I will a have a lot fun with that, and a few patterns too thank you Jo...

My mind is going around wondering what to use first I do have my eye on the orange and black.

A couple of weeks ago I made a bag for a friends birthday and as it was today she has opened it and I can now share it.  She loves giraffes so I had to find the perfect fabric to go in her bag, I also used some of the blanket that feature in my tropical bag on the back.

 This fabric is quite heavy and as I was only buying a small piece I was relieved it had the giraffe on it!
The blanket goes really well with the faux leather, I say blanket it is more of a throw really.

Returning to the pattern I shared in the first image it was same one I used for the mock jumpsuit I am wearing today for me made May 2020 day 28,  and my other two that I shared earlier this month.  It is basic wide leg trousers so it is just a case of adding the bits you want to make it suit you, I make the legs narrower and add belt loops and a belt for this look.  I paired it with a basic burda top pattern that I got with  a magazine.

While this weather has been glorious today it is way too hot to walk the dogs in, I have to keep mine in as best I can because they just lay in it otherwise and overheat.  I tried letting them sit under the lounger that was in the shade earlier but they kept getting up to lay in full sunshine so we all went in!  A quick nip to the post box at the top of our street and I knew the pavements were so hot, it is a shame because we long for this kind of weather and I feel it is too uncomfortable for the dogs.

Both of my sons have  gone off to play basketball again I haven't known them this active in years, it is good that they are getting out to do something.  I am out in the garden a lot but they don't really spend any time in it.

That is all for now, take care.




3 comments:

  1. A wonderful package from Jo, always a delight rummaging through fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! Such wonderful fabric, I look forward to seeing what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the brown one would be good for a bag too. I liked the navy dog tooth but I couldn't squeeze a skirt from it! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...