Monday 4 May 2020

A Cool Day for a Paris Skirt

Feeling the chill a bit this morning when I got up and decided I would opt for an outfit where I could definitely wear thick tights, opaque ones my favourite.  I was back at work today and knew I would likely be outside for part of the day with children so this had to be considered.  It was nice to be up with a purpose and I enjoyed seeing a few  people I haven't seen for weeks but he rest were new faces as I was in a different school.  The skirt I am wearing is another self drafted one from my sew what skirts book, it is a very eye catching print that mimics French newspaper print from long ago and I love the quirkiness of it.  I have had it a long time and  is a favourite of mine, it is lined so extra warmth there. (timeless treasures fabric if I remember correctly.)


The top I made from a pattern, the pattern is for McCalls dress M7313 and I just used the bodice pieces but made them longer to make a t-shirt as I know the fit is good.  The sleeves are elbow length and then I have added a broidery anglaise panel front and back at the top.  The fabric is ponte roma so this is quite a thick top too.

After speaking to a few children today it seems they are ready for a return to normal school days, there are only so many attending and the days are very different  for them. This must feel like a very long time for them indeed in their young lives.

After getting in from work I drank two cups of tea in quick succession, at home you can have a drink whenever you want so the one cup I had at lunch time just didn't cover my needs.

Last night we watched the last episode of Homeland and we have followed that for the last few years, I don't know if any of you have watched the series but I have really enjoyed it and I was also quite happy with the ending, I feel that is where these things usually fall apart but it was fitting with the character I thought.

Yesterday I managed to get my hands on a packet of spinach seeds so I will be planting more of that the only problem is where?  They really need to go straight into the ground but I know as soon as they have leaves the dogs will eat them, they are very good at finding and eating any veg I plant so it is difficult.  I had some  purple kale last year that was completely destroyed  by the dogs they left nothing but stumps!  My lettuce plants are on a frame so up off the floor but there is no more room on there, I will have to have a good think.

On my way home today I posted one of my bags that has just sold and it was one that I only made and shared with you last week, it is for a gift with a message so I have added a handmade card that matches the bag I hope she likes it.  This is another area where  the odd  little bits of fabric can come in handy.


Right off to cook the dinner now, homemade spaghetti sauce and vegan no-meatballs, back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the skirt fabric, what a delight. I was impressed with the gift card, such a nice touch. Hope you manage to find a space for the seeds. It is the children I feel so sorry for in this pandemic, it is such strange times for them. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too - I love the skirt fabric! Very striking!
    I'm not surprised that the lovely bird bag sold so quickly. It really was so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...