Thursday 7 May 2020

Paisley Dress

I have managed to plant out quite a few seedlings today in pots my only hope now is that the cool weather we have coming next week doesn't kill them.  They  have been protected so far in the greenhouse so it will be interesting to see how they get on outside.  The  seeds I planted straight  into the garden are no where near as tall so they may have a shock.

For me made May 2020 day 7 I am wearing this dress which I made not so long ago, it is quite easy, self drafted from a t shirt I think with a high/low hem, elastic around the waist and a tie belt.

This photo came out very blurry and I don't know why, anyway you get the idea, the fabric is very soft and it is another  comfy dress.  In fact I have been wearing it with trainers today as I did the garden so it is very versatile and it hasn't crumpled too much either.

Sewing wise I cut out and stitched up my new fabric, here you can see my fabric pieces on brown paper that I made quite recently from the Tilly stretch book. I will share more on this tomorrow as weather permitting I will be wearing this garment.
This brown baking paper from Tesco holds up really well for pattern pieces so much better than the flimsy pieces you often get in bought patterns

Evie from Sister Sun is interested in making the orange cake from yesterdays post and as I forgot to note the ingredients here it is today!

Orange Olive Oil Cake

 175g /6oz self raising gf flour
55g/2oz gram flour
1tbsp apple sauce
3 tsp baking powder
55g / 2oz ground almonds ( I used flaked)
225g/8oz brown sugar
zest and juice of 1 unwaxed orange
egg replacer for 1 egg
90 ml /3 floz soya milk
150 ml/  5 fl oz olive oil
75ml/ 2 1/2 fl oz coconut oil


  Crystalized oranges and syrup
1 large unwaxed orange scrubbed
100g/3 1/2 oz granulated sugar
350 ml/ 12 fl oz water


Method
Pre heat oven 180 c  / 350 f   /gas mark 4, grease a 9 inch cake tin, sift dry ingredients into a bowl add the orange zest, mix up the egg replacer, add to mix with the wet ingredients and fold in. Pour into the tin.  Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.   To make the syrup boil the water in a pan and set to simmer add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the orange slices and simmer for twenty minutes. Leave to cool on a drying rack.

When the cake has cooked , pour over the orange syrup from the orange slices, pierce the cake so it soaks in.  I didn't use all of it just spoon some over.  Arrange the slices when cool.
Here it is again
This recipe is adapted from Gluten Free Vegan Baking.

Happy baking everyone I hope that helps.




1 comment:

  1. Oh glorious!! Thank you! And yes I realised you'd posted the recipe for the carrot cake when I looked back :) All good with the ingredients although I'm trying to cut out gluten more because I think I may have developed a slight intolerance. Possibly from too much bread in recent weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...