Sunday 24 May 2020

Flamingos

This month by trying to wear all  my summer makes it is making me think a bit differently about some of my clothes.  It has also highlighted gaps in the form of trousers for when it is cool and I want to be out walking the dogs (wearing leggings under everything won't cut it forever!) and also plain skirts to go with my patterned tops.  That is not usually an issue as when I am home normally I reach for the jeans so I just wear my tops with those, I have plenty of summer tops it is autumn and winter when I find I don't have many warm clothes then I just layer everything.

For today's me made May day 24 I wanted to wear my flamingo blouse but I didn't have a light weight black skirt, I made a black skirt recently but it is really heavy and also too full and I think I will change that one.  So  I put on a basic black dress that has a partial circular skirt, the trouble is the blouse is loose at the bottom so it looks silly with this dress.  Not to be put of I tied the bottom of the blouse just a little then pinned it under through the bit of knot, I had to do this as there really wasn't anything much there to tie.  It worked and I liked it instantly in fact I will wear these together in future now like this.

So a bit of thinking how to wear things differently and I feel like this is a whole new outfit.

I felt like I beat the game at the supermarket today as I got the bill total down ( don't worry we will not starve this week and have everything we need) I was trying to be a bit more aware of the prices while still being quick.  Also making it into a game can make the food shopping more fun I think so I will see if I can win next week too.  I was back to my usual weekly average although if that lasts when they hike up the prices further we will see.


This afternoon I have cut my husbands hair, I always cut my own hair and both my sons but my husband has had it done by me out of need , ha! I was very cautious and didn't take too much off.
After that I made a start on another handbag in fact it is all but finished just attaching the lining and fastener to be done but I will do that tomorrow as we are going to watch a film in a little while.

In fact I have to go now as I have been asked how long I am going to be ;) back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Ive been away from all things bloggy and you have been busy here!! The plain and printed dilemma is one I know well too! I like patterns rather than plains and so I have too many of them and not enough plains to match them! In fact I also have too many tops and not enough bottoms! I'm going to have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flamingos are amazing! They look great with that skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking wonderful in all your beautiful outfits. And I love that bag you made. I had to laugh when you said just some restful sewing. Restful and sewing would never appear in the same sentence for me. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the flamingoes! I am glad you managed to work out how to wear the two items together, it sounds like your Me Made May challenge is getting you thinking too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...