Friday 29 May 2020

New Shorts

Well I got my new shorts made this time in a  style that I actually like, I used the fabric from Jo that came in my bundle and it was so nice to work with, a nice bit of stretch to it and sewed up lovely. I sat and got on with them this morning before I even got dressed as I wanted to wear them today.  I knew this pattern well so I didn't anticipate any problems.

They go really well with my fox vest top that I made sometime ago...


They have a side zip and I have added pockets on the  back, after wearing them all day I can say they are very comfy so I am sure they will be a summer favourite.


I am happy with that pocket placement as I rather did just guess at it, they are just big enough to get a few dog bags in.

I opted for a turn up but I have top stitched it into place as I don't like it when they gape open.  So this has been my me made May day 29 outfit and perfect for sitting in the sun and doing the garden.

In my greenhouse everything is coming along nicely and the courgettes are getting very big, I think maybe they may be a bit big for in there but I don't want to move them at this late stage now and upset them.  Here is a little courgette baby...


This evening I have given my son a haircut, so that is the second of the week, this one took a little longer as he lets it grow so much before having it cut and there was such a lot of hair on the floor.  I had to shoo the dogs out of the room as they kept walking through it, I am sure he feels much lighter now.

We are in for some more good weather here in the UK so have fun everyone, and enjoy the weekend wherever you are,  bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are so quick at sewing things up. That would have taken me days to do! Your courgette plant is much bigger than mine, fruiting and flowering is a long way off yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quickly whizzed up a pair of shorts (like you do, haha.) They look great and I love the colour. I like the fox top too.Gifted material too. Can't be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a TATB Ness skirt in that fabric and it is so comfy. That is a much better style than those ruched ones. For the record - there wasn't enough for me to squeeze out a pair of shorts - I know, I tried! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that people who are crafty, doing projects with different materials have a DIY attitude that translates across all the things they do. My husband does plumbing, electrical, tile, hardwood floors, carpentry, gardening, fixing equipment, and cooking. He is also the family barber and stylist. I get my hair trimmed every couple months and my boys get their haircuts every three weeks as they like theirs kept short. I however am not allowed to cut anyone’s hair, my boys fired me, my mom said no way, and my best friend politely declined. Hubby has cut her mid back length hair several times and last Saturday afternoon, a friend of mine asked if my husband knew how to cut short hair as it had been close to four months since her last haircut, and her bangs in her eyes and the mullet thing growing on her neck was bugging her. When he told her that he gives my boys their haircuts, she was eager to have him cut hers. She took a seat on the stool, he placed the barber cape on her and asked how she wanted her haircut. She said really short on the back and sides, plus leave the top a couple inches longer. He asked if she was ok with him using the clippers and she said fine, her stylist had used them to cut part of her hair. Well hubby went to town with the clippers with different attachments to take her hair short on the back and sides, then he took the attachment off and did clippers over the comb cutting on the top and to blend the shorter hair on the sides with the longer hair on top. There was a lot of hair coming off and rolling down the cape onto the deck. Hubby did her neckline with the peanut clippers and my son cleaned up with the shopvac. My husband took off the cape and she felt her head. Wow she said, that feels good with all that hair gone. She headed to the bathroom mirror and I gave her a hand mirror to check the back. She was very pleased, she said he did a better job than her stylist does that normally charges her $40. She said it was the first time she had ever gotten her haircut with clippers only, it was a new experience for her, but she loved how it was a well groomed, polished haircut, not choppy with scissor marks like her stylist always left. I know my husband always does a great job on every haircut, but I was concerned that he was cutting her hair quite short, but that is what she wanted and loved the results which was just slightly longer than my older son’s haircut. I don’t want my husband to have to be cutting her hair as frequent as my boys, but was ok with him cutting her hair as the salons were closed. It saved her $40. I save well over a grand a year, avoiding the salon and barbershop.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...