Saturday 16 May 2020

Jacket Re-fashion Progress

Quite a nice day today and it felt almost normal, my friend called to pick up her birthday present she didn't come in just stood on the drive and we had a chat at a distance for ten minutes.  My husband and I had  a nice walk in the park and a stroll past the Greek pop hut that has appeared locally, after I noticed they had a vegan option my husband went back minus the dogs to stand in the socially distanced queue.  The food we had was nice and it felt like we had a treat.

For me made May day 16 I have on another mock jumpsuit that I made with Minerva fabric last year, this one I adapted a new look pattern for the trousers with a self drafted darted vest top.  It is comfy to wear.


This afternoon has been spent trying   to make the Burda jacket with the hoody re-fashion, there has been a lot of jigsawing bits together as there was no way I could get all the bits out of the hoody.  It would have been easier to size it down and embellish it but that would have been too easy wouldn't it?  I have used a bit of navy sweatshirt scraps but I didn't have much of that either so the yokes on the shoulders have a little triangle addition in the corners.  It is all one big experiment so I am completely relaxed about it.  Here is a peek...

Here that front panel is in two pieces due to lack of bit pieces, it is also upside down and I have already topstitched it across and down.  So that had to come off, see I said I would show the bad with the good.
Here one sleeve on as you see the under sleeve is also blue, the pockets that came off were quite small for a big hoody I have added a blue panel to those too.

I need to unpick the fabric from that zip as I just cut it off yesterday when I was in a hurry to get cutting.  At the moment I am undecided what to use for the front panel that the zip will go on, also I have cut a very small collar due to lack of fabric! If it doesn't work out it may be a tiny mandarin collar, we will see tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is impressive. You certainly make use of all your fabric scraps. A great make.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...