Monday 25 May 2020

Separates

Hello today for me made May 2020 day 25 (are we there yet??) I am wearing the bibi skirt and the frankie t shirt from the tilly stretch book that I made quite recently.  The good thing about this outfit is that because I used the same fabric on the piping of this skirt as the t shirt front I can wear these together.  I also made a sweatshirt to go with the skirt so when it is cold I can wear those as a set too. at the time it was a case of using up bits of fabric but it actually turned out well.
I do find with this skirt it is a bit of a wriggle to get on, the fabric had the correct amount of stretch I believe but I think I may still add a little concealed zip in one of the seams at the back just for ease.  I wouldn't want to spoil it pulling it on and off.

This morning I finished the  bag I started yesterday and here it is...
So this one is a mixture of recycled bits and bobs, the stag fabric was a bit that was left from when I made a friend of mine a blouse.  A lot of people throw all the bits of leftover fabric away but I never do that.  I also used a little of this a while ago to make a make up bag coupled with another fabric.
The denim is from recycled jeans and the lining is a recycled Paul Smith shirt.

After I had finished that and had a read outside I started another bag this time a bit of a wild design and again I love this one.  An appliquéd design on the front and more recycled denim and shirting.
 Now don't ask me what that is it just sort of took shape, I would say it is some kind of bloom probably because I had been out in the garden looking at the flowers.

My sons have been out playing basketball together again today as they did yesterday, if there is one thing that has come out of this period of being at home is that they have been spending some time together.  They have also been out riding their bikes recently a number of times, normally my oldest would often go straight to his girlfriend's from work so it is nice they have reconnected a bit now that they are older.

We watched a really good film last night based on true events, it is called The 15:17 to Paris I really enjoyed it if you have time it is really worth a look. There is also some real footage at the end of the film, it starts with an event unfolding on a train and then it goes back in time, I'll not give too much away I sometimes think that spoils the viweing.

Have a lovely week everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Gosh is there no end to your wonderful sewing? You've done such a great job on this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...