Sunday 3 June 2018

Quick Sun Hat

Today I thought I would have a go at making a hat, the weather has been so nice and the one I have falls off my head every time I bend to do something.  I found this free pattern over at Lost in Paris for a bucket hat, the one there is made out of denim but I have used some black cord I had left.  While you are there checking out the pattern have a look at her gorgeous wedding dresses made from vintage lace they are amazing.

Here is my version of the hat, it is reversible and I made it a bit smaller then the pattern so it wouldn't slip off.  I intend to make another and I will stick to the size stated next time as while mine fits now, it is snug.

Ok for doing the garden I think.

The pieces are straight forward you cut two of each of the side and rim pieces and then the top then just repeat in a contrasting fabric.  These would look lovely for little ones made up in various designs, my hat will only be for the garden I am not a big hat wearer but this one does the job.

It is a great way to use up fabric as well, there is no saying you have to have it all in the same fabric, you could do a patchwork version for hanging about in the garden or even out in public if you are bold enough.
Here is the other side, a bit brighter this way and that fabric was from a vintage style dress I made for someone and the leftover bits are still cropping up in things about two years later.  I think when I make another one I will do a shorter top and a wider brim.

I stitched this up today in between sniffles, hay fever has finally hit but it won't keep me in.  I know there a re different types of pollen that affect people differently but at the moment I feel flu like, I know it's not that though.  Marvellous isn't it,  you wait for the sunny days and then  get the sniffles.

Well I have a glass of wine with my name on it for later and The Handmaids Tale to watch, it is so very dark.  I had to stop my Margaret Atwood reading earlier this year as she was bringing me down a bit.  I have also started another book which is off to a depressing start, so if anyone has read any good humorous books lately please share I could do with some light reading to offset the heavy stuff. 







2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I wish I knew your name! catching up on blogs and this one was of interest as I have just made two hats for my girls before we went on holiday. I will be downloading the pattern because it is my turn next. I made a crochet one which is great but it doesn't travel well in a suitcase! I absolutely love your jacket from the last post - I will look out for it on the network. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, my name is Dianne. I saw your lovely crochet hat it's a shame it doesn't travel well you will have to keep that one for the UK. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...