As today is my day off I had a look through my oddments of fabric to see what I could do with them. I had seen an image of a white top the other day with broderie anglaise at the top and I thought I should have a look how much fabric I have left that is similar. I made a red dress a while ago and my fingers were crossed that there was a big enough piece to do the back and front top. There was just enough red broderie anglaise and a big enough piece of jersey for the bottom, but only just!
I cut around a t-shirt so just two pieces, and I used my overlocker today which I don't often use, actually the blades are playing up so it was more of a joining exercise using it today there didn't appear to be any trimming going on. A blade is out of place and no amount of faffing will seem to get it cutting, new blades as well. I need to have a bit of time looking at that tomorrow.
Here is my quick top, I like how it has turned out.
I had to put lots of pins in the jersey when I was stitching it together, it is extremely springy, I noticed that when I made the under dress for the dress I made.
A bit more ironing required on the front I think, I quickly ran the iron over it to take these shots, the fabric had been crumpled in a drawer. (It didn't get sorted into the tidy fabric box!)
Now that top was so easy I am going to see what other combinations I can put together from leftover fabrics to make more. A few contrasting colours might work and may have to depending on what I have left.
There has been more repotting of lettuce and Kale today, I am also a bit disappointed that the pansies and violi have taken a beating from the wind, they were doing so well.
The greenhouse is starting to look like a jungle, here is a peek through the window...
I don't know where the tomatoes are going to go now they will just have to grow up along the slope of the roof and down the side! Also I hope the winds hold off now I don't want anymore plant casualties.