Friday 28 June 2019

Silky PJs

After pondering what to make with the silky aubergine fabric intended for an underwear set I finally decided on some shorts pyjamas.  I didn't use  a pyjama pattern but rather one intended for a  top and a modified trouser pattern.   I will give you a peek here but the full details are being saved for my Minerva post.

This is the top but I have to say I have since made the flounce a bit narrower as my husband was not a fan of it.
I do hope I won't look too much like I am about the enter a boxing match wearing these silky shorts!
One of the details I enjoyed was making the bias biding out of some scrap fabric that I had, it is only me that sees it but I like knowing it is there.

After I finished these today I sat outside in the sunshine with a cup of tea, my new cook book that I bought last week from the charity shop and I planned a few new meals to try for the week.  We had one for tea tonight, a gorgeous broccoli pesto. I made half the quantity and there was still loads left I don't know where they get there portion sizes from sometimes?
I have more of the purple fabric left so there might be just enough for a short wrap, or that might be a squeeze, we'll see.  That's all for now just a short one today.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely pyjamas and I love purple! They'll be lovely and cool to sleep in on these hot nights like we've been having lately. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely and will be perfect for wearing during the heat wave you are experiencing now. Love them! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome article.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...