Tuesday 11 June 2019

June...ing

Hi there, I thought I would join in again today with Christina  and Joe with another 'ing' post.  I have to admit that this has come around far too quickly and like many of you I'm sure, feel like I am in a constant battle with the clock.  Well enough of that here goes...

Growing all sorts of things at the moment, quite a lot has gone outside now. I'm very happy that from a few seed packets I now have lots of plants outside so this will have been quite a saving.  Although saying that I would never have bought that many flower plants as I planted out over forty on Thursday and there are still some to go out.  I have peas that need putting out and the lettuce that are inside are doing really well much better than the ones outside.

Reading 'Can We Live Here' by Sarah Alderton, this is a travel memoir and I wasn't sure when I first started it if it was for me.  I have continued with it and it has a funny moments however some of the language feels a bit young to me (or am I just getting old) for example calling people dude, as a grown woman is  a bit weird to me and phrases like that.   The young family in the book rent out their house and set off around the world with a little one in tow to find paradise, or at least something like it where they can live.  Some of the descriptions of places sound stunning and others appalling as you would expect when seeing the whole spectrum the world has to offer. It has been a good change to read something a bit different.

Drinking  tea, water and cordial only as I have decided to do one year no beer, not that I drink very much anyway but I have decided to do this after seeing it on a podcast and listening to a very interesting talk about it.  I probably buy a bottle of wine about once a week and I just decided why? To be honest I often feel sleepy after a glass anyway so I am giving it up.   

Deciding what to make with the lovely purple fabric from Minerva Crafts. I had thought an underwear set like the one below however it occurred to me that they require photos of finished products and there is no way I am being photographed wearing that!

Wearing tights again today and not happy about it, the building at work is cold and just when I thought the summer wardrobe was out to stay here I am walking around all day with a fleece on.  Hopefully this dreary weather won't last.  My son has been at Alton Towers this last couple of days too, not the best for standing in cues.

Eating pretty much the same menu each week recently, pasta, curry, stir fry and so on.  I have just felt it has been one less thing to think about and made shopping so quick on a Friday.  I find I go through phases of trying lots of new things then settle into a pattern now and again, I may have to mix it up a bit soon before the family complain;) I'll maybe have a new set menu for a few weeks.

Listening to the Rich Roll podcasts on YouTube, usually while sewing or ironing.  He is an ultra athlete, former lawyer who completely changed his life.  He interviews a variety of people and some I enjoy more than others.  I like to have something to listen to while I get on with things.

Waking up earlier, this is always so much easier in the summer and mornings feel more relaxed.  I don't stay in at the weekend anymore as I am just naturally awake earlier.  It would be nice to think this will continue through  the seasons but I will have to report on that later in the year.  Just reading a few pages and eating breakfast slowly is wonderful.  Does anyone else experience this more at this time of year or are you an early riser all year round?

Well that is all for now,  thanks for reading.


 


9 comments:

  1. I am an early riser naturally but I certainly have more energy through the Summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots going on! I just bought a packet of lettuce seeds, hoping to get these in the ground this weekend. Love podcasts, such a good way to be educated and entertained. I very much hope that you can put those cold weather tights back in the drawer soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold pretty here too, but I prefer it to mind-fogging heat. Last summer's heatwave was just to much for me. We've had a lot of rain, so our veggies are happy. Today I'm actually wearing my furry gilet as a 4th layer! I'm currently about 3/4 the way through Cranford; I prefer the classics to more modern literature ( although there are quite a few 20th century authors I enjoy ) I'm curious as to why you have to send a photo of you in underwear? How will they know whether or not you've made their pattern? Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, well they like to have at least six photographs and usually some of those are the garments being worn. I think the images would be pretty boring if they were all flat on a surface, I could get the bra on the mannequin but not the knickers. So I think maybe I'll do shorts pyjamas for when the summer returns;) x

      Delete
    2. Just to clarify Minerva didn't send me the pattern for the underwear just the fabric, so I am not obligated to make that pattern with it. That pattern was just one that I already own.

      Delete
    3. Ahh, I'm with you now. They want a photo of whatever you choose to make with the fabric :)

      Delete
  4. I have that bra pattern. I haven't tried it yet so interested hear your thoughts. Carolyn from Made by Carolyn blog makes underwear and she photographs them flat (take a look, she does it really well) might give you some photo ideas. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://handmadebycarolyn.com.au/2018/08/blue-and-green-should-never-be-seen.html
    Here is an example you may find useful. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, I have seen that post before and she does take some amazing photographs. x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...