Friday 14 June 2019

A Few Friday Thoughts

Today was the last day of exams for my son, I'm sure there are a few of you out there who have children going through it at the same time.  He has been very relaxed about it all so I hope that has been a good thing I know some children find it incredibly stressful and that is so sad. I know there are young people with very fixed ideas about what they want to do, and some of them feel failing now will mean they never get to do it.  However there  are always access courses and taking a year out to try things, I know many people who have retrained later in life so these exams are not a map of life.  Sadly this is not the message that many young people hear, and expectations are piled on by school and home.  We all want our children to do well but this must not come at the expense of our relationships with them or their feelings of self worth and emotional well being.  So to all families out there who have been going through the exam period this last few weeks I wish you well.

Over on Minerva Crafts blog today you can see my post about my sundress that I made a little while ago.  It is a nice easy to follow pattern and the fabric is just wild.

It will be great if I ever get to wear it this year, unless I want to wear it to go for a paddle in the rain!

I have tried a few new recipes this week after my month of sticking to the same routine of foods, these falafel last night were lovely and you can find the recipe if you go on over to Minimalist Baker they are called kale and humous falafel.


Sorry I don't have a prettier picture of them on the plate as I had tow other dishes on the go at tea time and then a rush to get it on the table.  One of which was jackfruit wraps and we enjoy that, my husband had his with chicken in yet another pan.  There was enough jackfruit mixture left over to make some wraps for lunch today too, just a couple.  Youngest son enjoyed that and he has been eating more vegan food weekdays with just meat at the weekend.


On the top of these is a little vegan cheese, I don't use it a lot but it is ok in a wrap or sandwich.

I have just been watching a  few videos on YouTube about the benefits of waking early and how people have transformed their lives, some were really interesting.  One video however feature Mark  Warlberg  walking at 2.45am then working out at 4.00am, I am all for discipline but I don't get that unless you are catching a flight or something.  He goes to bed about 7.30!  If you did this you would be just effectively turning your life upside down to the point where you don't see anyone.  I don't know maybe some  people think that is a good idea but where is time for family if you have a self imposed permanent night shift.   I am impressed by his discipline like I said but I do wonder what his family make of it.  

That is all for now I am off to walk the dogs. 




1 comment:

  1. Mark Warlberg idea of discipline just sounds wrong. Maybe he prefers his own company over that of others and 3 am is a good time to be alone. Our exam period finished two weeks ago, Annie is back at school. She was quite relaxed at the time of exams but has worked her socks off for months before that. Fingers crossed. Your sundress is lovely. Just need some sun now... there is a bit sunshine outside here at this very moment but in 3 minutes, it might be miserable again.

    Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...