Tuesday 2 July 2019

Free Cami or Jumpsuit Pattern

Hi there, I know a few of you love printing off these free patterns so I thought I would share this one that I found on the Simply Sewing website.  I love the idea of the camisole with a different colour frill so I think that may be on my list of things to make.  I personally like to make my own patterns where I can so for my cami top I will not be printing off the pattern, it is about forty pages for the whole thing!  The idea is lovely however so this is where I have taken my inspiration but I do know that lots of people like to have a printed pattern to work to so I thought you might enjoy this link if you haven't seen it already.  Simply Sewing Camisole and Jumpsuit free pattern.


Now I am in the planning stage of this make because I have a few bits of fabric that are just big enough to go with a solid colour for the rest of the top.  Well one of the pieces I just bought but it is a small piece. Apparently the free pattern is from 'The Great British Sewing Bee: Fashion with Fabric book, does anyone own this book? If so is it worth a peak?  I may have to see it available from the library.  If they don't have it I may suggest they buy it, you can do that you know. The library have a fixed amount to spend and a librarian at my local  library told me they don't always know what to buy so they welcome suggestions. I made a suggestion of a book before and got a new copy as soon as it was in stock so that is worth knowing I think.

Any how back to the pattern here is a little taste of what I am thinking for my top. I am leaning towards the white with the pattern as the green is not the shade that is in the pattern so maybe it will be a bad match? On the other hand the colour would be more practical as I tend to always splash plain white, even when I don't normally do that when wearing other colours.  I seem to wait until I am wearing a white top!  Does anyone else have this issue?   I feel this could be a good way to use up odd fabric, I bought the long quarter of the bird fabric just this week because it is so cute. Just a couple of pounds spent.

Tonight I will play around with a few shapes and see what it looks like, the free pattern does look like it may be cut on the bias with the way the frill is hanging.  If I am using the bird print I can't do that as the birds need to be the right way up.

This past week I have been finding it easier to get up, also I have switched my pilates (free at home in pjs) to the morning and this seems to be working well as I feel I have achieved something for me immediately.

Tomorrow we have a school trip so that will be nice, lets all pray it doesn't rain.
Bye for now.


3 comments:

  1. Loved the cami top but would need to make the straps a little wider, I am going to give this a try so that I have a couple of new tops for my holiday. Hope the weather is good for your school trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have borrowed this book from a friend to make a large collared blouse. The instructions are good but you could make anything anyway. The patterns are all on A1 paper (although you have to trace off your size because they overlap) in the back of the book. I like the jumpsuit but I have one and this summer doesn't really need another one! Make sure your fabric for the frill has some drape or you will risk a sort of Hattie-Jakes affair. :) Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. You are right I didn't think of that, I was just excited about the pattern again. Back to the drawing board. x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...