Friday 21 June 2019

Making Parts

Today I have been busy all day but not with what I originally intended, I came down ready to start a another bag but was annoyed to find fruit flies in the kitchen not loads but enough for them to be annoying and of course we don't want that in the kitchen.  So that meant a browse on the net to find the best solution without chemical to get rid of them.  I opted for a trap that is just apple cider vinegar in a jar with a bit of washing up liquid, you then put a paper cone in the top and they go in but can't get out.  It is working, but initially as I was vacuuming I was getting any strays with the nozzle.  I feel bad  about this but we can't have contaminated food.

After that distraction I vacuumed the whole house as I may as well while I had it out, then I was hot so I did my pilates then rather than later followed by guitar and a shower.  Can you see how quickly I went off plan? Watering the greenhouse I noticed how large the pansies were and flowering so they have been potted up  along with a hanging basket.  Washing out and 'Oh look at the time' better do the supermarket shop. After putting the shopping away it was time to take the dogs to the park and then of course because it is actually warmer today the rest of the garden needed a water.

 I must try and pass on some lettuces this weekend as I don't want them wasted.

When I finally looked at the sewing machine there was just enough time to do something but not much before I had to start the dinner.  I decided to make a strap for the bag I am going to make as that felt like a complete thing in itself.  I am a bit funny in that once I start things I like to carry on but I have been trying to make things over a few days recently to take a more relaxed approach.   I have some cotton and recycled bag furniture so I paired that with some faux leather.  At least I feel like now I have achieved part of it, I will go back and do a bit more later.

I suppose it is better not to rush and I have thought making the handles in advance like this might be something I could do in future so that I have ready made supplies, if I do them in  quite neutral colours so they will go with lots of fabrics.

It has been a bit of a ramble today I know but that sort of goes with the day, sort of non stop without the doing what was planned.  Do you ever get those days where you know you have hardly sat down but when asked 'well what did you do today' you feel like you can't think of anything of any substance?    Of course that is not true, the house is clean, the fridge stocked everyone has clean ironed clothes every week and a cooked dinner but of course don't these things often go unnoticed. Oh dear now I sound like Victorian woman I am going to go before I ramble some more, bye for now. 


2 comments:

  1. Yes I have lots of those days. And yes you are so right - when someone asks what you did today, its often quite difficult to recall what you actually did. Your lettuces are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too have days like that particularly since taking early retirement. I often wonder how I ever had time to go to work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...