Friday 29 March 2019

Slow Living Make it Mindful

Well I have missed a day of this challenge due to being ill this past few days, it began with awful cramps on Wednesday evening then a terrible night as it kicked in.  I believe it is food poisoning due to some mushrooms I ate, my husband did say there was an odd smell but I thought it was the lamb I was cooking for him!   Anyway here I am finally up but on the sofa with a blanket I have managed a banana and a little porridge this afternoon but my stomach does not seem impressed.

So I had to do something before I go mad with boredom so laying here typing this is about all I can manage right now.  I have decided to re-share a project I made at Christmas for today as I obviously haven't been able to create anything new, also I feel the theme of slow living demands a project that took time to create and this one fits the bill.  It is this little jacket and penguin I made as a Christmas gift, the penguin was unpicked about three times and the jacket came together over a week.  It was an enjoyable process and some things don't need to be rushed.  Sorry for repeating myself for those of you that have seen this before but maybe a few readers haven't and I did so want to complete the whole challenge.
I think the reason my little penguin took so long was that it was supposed amigurumi, it was coming out too small for my liking but maybe it was supposed to be like that.  Anyway in the end I just went ahead and made it my way, so it turned out a better size but perhaps not with the tight stitch it should have had.

Hopefully I will be able to have a go at some more of these little toys, so if anyone has any tips on making them it would be appreciated.  I think some of the online patterns don't always explain things properly especially if crochet is not your area of expertise.

I'm hoping to have a bit more energy tomorrow, or rather hoping, two nights without sleep and no food has left me washed out.  Let me know if you have posted anything to this challenge, I haven't seen anything so far from people I follow but then I didn't look at it at all yesterday so maybe I have missed some of your makes.

It is half term here ,so for any of you that are with me in that I hope you have a restful break.

3 comments:

  1. Great makes, the jacket is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I hope you are soon feeling so much better - that is no fun at all!! I love, love your penguin & your jacket. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing! I hope you start to feel better very soon and are back to your beautiful best. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...