Thursday 21 March 2019

Early Summer Sewing

Well, call me optimistic but I have made a start on my summer sewing already and I know we are nowhere near.  Oh well we can dream, and to kick off my summer wardrobe I have made a lovely floaty sun dress.  I know there are gaps in my current wardrobe that probably need filling first but when you get sent this gorgeous fabric what can you do?  This dress is going to be a favourite I feel, the full post will be shared later on Minerva crafts but for now I thought I would share a peek.

I love this fabric and it also comes in a black design, needless to say I had to make a little lining for the bottom half or otherwise it may have felt like I wasn't wearing very much!  The plan was nip outside for some photographs in this but it started to rain and the wind was blowing all afternoon, I don't think they would have made  good images.

There are a couple of pieces of jersey sitting on my sewing table waiting to be made into t-shirts, it is a quick job but I have not decided on the style yet.  The plan is to make both a little different if only in terms of sleeve length and neckline.  These will be wardrobe gap filling projects as  I keep pulling out a patterned skirt and thinking I need more plain tops.  I did mention this last year and then what did I go and do?  I bought patterned fabric and made tops that I now wear with jeans!

During the week I have been flicking through some sewing magazines that a friend gave me a while ago, this has provided me with a couple more online fabric shops that I didn't know of and a couple of new blogs to read.  I have also been making a note of different styles I like in them so I can copy, I don't always use patterns so sometimes it is just a case of having an image to go on.  One dress in particular caught my eye and I had just bought a £5 duvet cover from the charity shop with more or less the same colours and a very similar print.  So that is one plan for recycling that item.

Later today I have a jumpsuit to modify the shoulders on for someone, this is to make it look  little more dressy and my son has informed me that his pockets have gone through on some of his jeans so they need repairing (or rather remaking!)  I think I'll have a walk with the dogs before I start.


Etsy Shop


3 comments:

  1. That fabric is gorgeous! I hope it starts to warm up for you soon so you can wear it. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in awe of your sewing skills and admire your skill recycling too. Love the dress, such a pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now is the time to make a summer dress - on the first sunny days you don't want to be inside sewing! That looks really good and I can imagine it on your petite frame. I also spotted your make on the Minerva newsletter. You should definitely wear them together. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...