Wednesday 13 March 2019

March Inspiration

It is finally looking a bit brighter morning and evening and my creativity seems to have woke up a little.  The weather is all over the place  but at least it's light so I don't feel like I'm venturing to and from work in the middle of the night (dramatic I know but I loath short days), daylight does wonders for the mood.   I made another bag last week inspired by all the gorgeous daffodils that are everywhere, a few recycled bits and pieces and a repurposed strap from another bag that is no longer used.  The idea for this bag has been in my head for a while but it was the daffodils that finally brought it together in my head I think.


 I have added it to my Etsy shop I will put the link at the bottom from now on as I don't quite know how to add it at the side!  If it doesn't sell after a few months I will have it, it cheers me up.  The problem with that is I often think that so I would never want to part with anything.
There may be other bags along this nature theme as I really enjoyed stitching the design on this one, it is also a great way to showcase lovely bits of fabric you have leftover.

My modern twinset was featured on Minerva crafts here a couple of days ago, I did intend to share that on the day but I had wrote down the 13th for some dizzy reason.  Here is a reminder anyway the full post is available by  following the link above.


The top has had lots of wear already not so much the jacket so I have a feeling the top is going to fade much quicker.

I finally found a fiction book I am enjoying at the moment in fact it is almost finished, it is called The Wonder by Emma Donoghue.  It is historical and I am finding I enjoy that particular kind of fiction more.  I picked it up because I liked the cover as they say you shouldn't but this time it paid off.


I have had a bit of a run of starting books that had a lot of hype or good reviews and they have been terrible, so it does make you wonder how some books get so much attention.  Although I have put quite a few on order at the library so let's hope they are worth a look.


Etsy shop


2 comments:

  1. I love,love your new bag. The daffodils are just perfect. It must be spring in your area now hopefully. Yes I have had a run of beginning books, then not be able to get into them either - it is quite frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented woman you are. The jacket looks amazing on you, such stunning fabric. Great bag, perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...