Monday 25 March 2019

Make it Mindful

I only just found this out but it is world craft week, is anyone else joining in with this?  My make was a quick coaster this evening as it was all I had time for after tea, I really enjoyed it though and I think I will make a full set of little elephant coasters.  Note to self though, do not try to bind the rest with the floaty fabric it is just not the thing, but it was just the right theme so that was why I chose it.  There is a theme for each day and today is make it with colour, that was why I did an Indian elephant.  If you want to join in here is the link world craft week.

Also this week I have made another bag with the santoro fabric that was left, some more faux leather and a charity shop bag.  I love this bag too!   It is very difficult listing things for my Etsy shop because I always want to keep them but if I always do that I will just become a hoarder  so I must be a bit ruthless.  My mum said if it doesn't sell in a month it is a sign to keep it, so maybe I will go with that plan.

The wardrobe gap filling has started, I  made a black t-shirt but being me I couldn't just leave it there and I found a bit of black broderie anglaise and added a panel to the front to jazz it up a bit.  Well it is still a black t-shirt so I did  what I set out to do.  I used to the top of a dress pattern for this make, I just made it longer.  I tried it on and made adjustments where required, it worked out really well.
This is the dress pattern I used.
I made some bias binding using some black cotton scraps I had left, I get the idea a bias binding tool would be good for this as I have a habit of catching my fingers with the iron, I think the tool probably prevents this from happening.



Let me know if you are joining in with the craft week, I hope to be back each day this week with something new.















2 comments:

  1. Love the addition to the black tee. The bag is stunning, fingers crossed it doesn't sell so that you can keep it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a binding tool and it is good for saving your fingers but they don't always make really accurate binding if the fabric is quite slippy. I use my applique mini iron instead. The binding will look great. Jo xxc

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...