Wednesday 27 March 2019

My Happy Space

So today the theme for world craft week is the space where we create, I don't have a separate room for my sewing but I do use one corner of our sun room.  This tends to be the best place for me as I can be keeping an eye on whatever I am cooking (it is next to the kitchen), I can let the dogs out easily without too much interruption and I still feel somewhat sociable. My son's will sometimes come and have a quick chat while I am making as they pop in the kitchen for a snack, it works for me and the lighting is pretty good.
You may recognise this image as I also use it on my banner at the top, it does now have the upcycled sewing box in the image on the right.

I don't have a great deal of storage for fabric, just a box under the desk and some drawers in a bureau in the dining room.  This does mean that I do not really hoard fabric but I do save all the little bits from projects and they all fit nicely in a shopping bag that is also stored under the desk.

Most of my cutting is done at the dining table while I occasionally use the floor, that is not ideal though as the dogs want to be involved.  I have in fact trained the older two to stay on the sofa if I am cutting but the youngest just wants to be next to me all the time, he is getting better and will sit still now after a few prompts.

I have toyed with the idea of going up into the loft as it feels a bit of wasted space up there but then I would be tucked away from everyone.  I am not sure I would prefer that, although some of you may think that sounds like heaven.  How about you? Do you dream of a quiet nook to sew in or do you prefer to work in the middle of the house with life going on around you?

There was a skirt alteration to do this evening after work so I was actually relieved that todays theme for the challenge was an image of our craft spaces.  When I am making I like to take my time and ponder if it is something new, that is quite difficult if you only have an hour to get something made, photographed and published.  Tomorrow is my half day at work so that will free up a chunk of time for making.



Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. I prefer to have my own space well away from the living space. I prefer this as I don't then have to clear up if I am half way through a project and I can display all my vintage items without infringing in our home. A win win situation.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...