Tuesday 26 March 2019

Inspired by Nature

Here I am with day two of world craft week and today's theme is 'Inspired by...' so I chose nature and decided to make a wreath.

 I have using recycled materials for this pretty much in the same way I made my previous crochet wreath here.  I used the plastic lid from a circular tub with a hole out, I covered it in a shredded plastic bag and then I wrapped it in hessian.  I folded the hessian under as I went along.
It is a good way to make something pretty out of leftover bits and bobs.

As you can see here it was daylight when I started this.

I had quite a lot of small bits of felt leftover from previous projects but I always keep them, just as well because they come in  handy for little flowers like these. I have only just finished this after work and making the tea so it is now 8.30.  Nothing like a challenge week to focus the creativity!  This little wreath will be a gift for my mum along with some real plants for her garden that I am going to plant for her on Friday.

There will be some serious thinking about what to make for tomorrows challenge as I have a dress to take up for a colleague after work too.  Maybe something I can do sat in a chair in the living room.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you made this out of hessian. I never would have thought of it and it looks great. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...