Tuesday 31 March 2020

Button Pleat Top

This following was top was added to my pinterest board quite some time ago, it is not a pattern just an image but I thought it looked easy enough to recreate.  I had just enough of this lightweight green jersey that I have also had for some time.  You can see below the original image that I saved, on that version there is a contrast bottom piece but I just wanted mine all plain.



I cut around a good fitting t-shirt and then lay the front piece on the table to arrange the pleats with pins, to do this you have to make the top longer than you would like as the pleats bring the hem up.  When you have pinned the pleats you will also have to recut your arm holes as these will now be smaller than when you started.  If you are nervous about doing this make a mock up first.
It didn't take long at all so I am glad I got around to making this.
I also cut the neck bigger once everything was stitched in place, it is a bit of try as you go.  Here it is on the mannequin before finishing off.
There are lots of different ways you change the style of a t-shirt and they are comfy to wear, I like finding new ways to add interest .  I also cut out some little dog shapes and I am not sure if I will make keyrings or add them to a bag front but that is something for tomorrow possibly. 

This last few days I have got back into practicing Spanish I really let that go for a while so I am busy waking up bits of my brain, a lot of it is in there somewhere I just need to retrieve it!  How are you all keeping busy? 

Eyes shut or looking down? I am not sure, anyway that is another make off my list, thank you for stopping bye. 



3 comments:

  1. I love it! what a novel way to wear a basic T with a little bit of a lift. Stay safe. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty - I love the neck detail. Yo do such a great job with your clothing makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great make. Good for you doing a refresher in Spanish. I am catching up with some papercrafts journal and scrapbooking. Long overdue. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...