Sunday 29 March 2020

Something New

I have had this little embroidery hoop sitting around for a while and had been saving it until inspiration struck but you know how that goes and if you don't do something you don't do anything so I had a go. Having looked at my saved ideas I felt even more intimidated by how brilliant they all are so decided to jump in and have a try.  The words are from a journaling book and the other bits I just put together from seeing different designs, it is rustic and I know something I need to work on but I did find it enjoyable so I will be doing more.  This one will be added to and improved over the coming week.

I couldn't see my pencil marks clearly so the writing could have been better, the 'i' has been unpicked and re-joined correctly as it was only when I looked at this image that I saw I had weirdly joined it at the top!  I must have been distracted when I did that. I think it also needs some purple in there but that would have to be done in regular cotton.
The backing is just some scrap drill fabric, my needle was also just a yarn needle quite thick and hard to push through this fabric, I was just basically using what I had so please forgive my crude attempt I do aim to improve.

Little designs could be nice to put on other textiles like bag and cushions I know a lot of people do just leave them in the hoop to hang.  When I have a bit more experience I will try one in a bag panel and see how that turns out.

We have been waking vey early here due to the light mornings and I am very happy they are finally here. It is very quiet however due to fewer cars on the road and that would be a nice thing if not for it being a reminder of why that is the moment you wake up.

Yesterday I started reading The Scarlet Letter, now I have a feeling I read this when I was young as I have a vague recollection of the story but no harm in reading it again.  My reading is always a bit random, something modern, something classical then a non fiction book.  It doesn't work for me to stick with the same genre all the time, I generally walk in the library with no idea what I would like.

Well keep busy everyone I will be looking for my next make for tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I can't see anything wrong with the joining of the i... purple is always a good colour, but then I would say that because my world is a colourful one and I surround myself with colour all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using embroidery in a bag panel. I may have a go at that myself, you have inspired me and given me food for thought. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...