Monday 30 March 2020

Star Wars Coasters

Hello, I had in mind today to make a little coaster from my pinterest board with lots of little hearts, however I have no need of another but with the boys  working from home I thought I would make coasters for them with a star wars theme.  Once again this is a recycling project using up all the oddments, I have used thick fleece scraps for the backs and two layers of canvas so hopefully that will stop the heat on tables.

I just searched images and copied off the ones I wanted, there will also be a little yoda one for my husband but that one is not finished yet.

I think Darth Vada looks a little surprised I did his eyes a bit big, sad thing is he gets covered by a cup but it's the thought right?

A storm trouper ? I think... well my sons recognised who they were supposed to be.

I also made a pair of boxer shorts for my son this morning and I do not have a photo as he decided to wear them and said they are the perfect fit.  I have since ordered more thick elastic and cotton jersey to make more.

Now none of these are perfect they are made quickly for fun and to be used, there are things to perfect like clothes and special home furnishings and there are fun makes to try ideas out and that is just what these are.  I love to make use of the last bits of fabric and little projects like these are spot on for that. If you have little ones who like a particular theme at the moment why not google some images and use up some scraps for their own personal little coasters for bedrooms.  My boys are grown but they have lots of drinks in their rooms so I know these will get used.

Last night I checked out a book for my tablet it is The Temple House Vanishing, I am already a third of the way through and enjoying it.  It did take me a while to find a screen I like as the glare from it last night was too bright, you can't beat a paper book I think but this enables me to continue using the library. It also means I can read in bed without the light so as not to disturb my husband when he goes to sleep first. 

Bye for now. 


1 comment:

  1. Such fun and a great way to pass time and use scraps. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...