There is a dress hanging in my wardrobe in this fabric, I made it a few years ago and it gets lots of wear during the summer. I had a piece large enough for a T-shirt so here is what I came up with.
I have a couple of T-shirts that have this ruffle effect on the sleeve so I tried that, I didn't use elastic as you should because it is a clear specific type that is needed. It was only the look that I was after and not the additional stretch, so I hand gathered it then top stitched it in place. There may be a small cuff added at a later date if I find it feels too frilly when worn for a day.
Here is a picture without the button and ribbon and I wasn't sure if it did look ok as it was or if it is more finished with that detail.
The v is more obvious here as it is prior to facing it, I lost some of the sharpness with the stretch in the fabric.
It didn't take much fabric as you can see here, front, back, sleeves and a bit of facing. There may not be enough jersey in my sewing stash for more in just one colour. So I may have to do two colour versions or have a look at some of my old stuff that I don't wear to see if any items can be upcycled
into wearable tops.