Wednesday 4 October 2023

October Plans

 Hello everyone I hope you are all well. This past weekend I attended the Minerva Pop up shop in Manchester and was there all day. If you were there too you may have spoken with me, I met lots of lovely people who love sewing and it was such a nice atmosphere. Now that it is all over I may keep adding in a few of the recent makes I did for it as I was uncertain about sharing before the event.  I also have a few things to make for myself now that the rush is over. 

Unfortunately one of the things i had planned I put in my order for on Sunday then today recieved a message that there wasn't enough fabric left so I have had to cancel the whole order as it contained matching thread, buttons zip etc which were no good without the fabric, also sadly it cannot be reordered.  It was a lovely dusky pink twill for some cargo trousers, oh well I will have to choose another shade.

I have just finished reading Learned by Heart by Emma Donoghue, the story was very engaging and she writes very well but I have to say a bit vivid in places! I am always interested in books that are based on real life people or historic events. As we are in the Autumn now I feel the need for some spooky reading so I will choose later which book to start next.

This week is a slightly slower pace as I am waiting on some work, I do however have a bag to make for my friend which is almost complete.  I have been working on it all morning while listening to a podcast, now I can't normally do that when I am filming.

October has a few plans ahead, we don't normally have very much going on but this month we have a birthday, an anniversary, a meal out with family, a meet up with friends and a trip to the ballet at Buxton planned.  That is a very busy month for me, I think I am very much a close to home person and I have accepted that is ok as we are not all the same.

Here are a few recent makes, some of these are actually for me and a couple were event pieces at the bottom.  First up is the croissant bag that I spoke of in a recent post, I opted to make it in a leftover pieces of cotton sateen, I backed it in linen, lined it in lining fabric and also did a youtube for it here is the link I haven't used it yet but as we are out  for a meal soon I will use it then.



So the bag was from Burda September as was this next make, and this is a zip through top also in leftover fabric but this time a vsicose jersey.  I am making the most of all these bits I have left. 


A very easy top that I have worn twice already as it is so comfy, I had to do the sleeves in two sections as in scrap busting there wasn't enough fabric to cut them all in on piece.

For the event I made two more coats recently, the named Isla trench coat...






This was a very time hungry make, I had thought I may make one for me but realistally I am thinking when would I wear this, unless I modify and make it a short version so perhaps I will do that.

Then I made the kelly anorak...


I had to save a frame from a video here as I can't find my still images of it, my son took a fancy to this as I think it is quite neutral. 

So that is all for now as the dogs need walking, enjoy your sewing whatever you are making this week and I'll be back soon. Take care.


2 comments:

  1. Tus costuras siempre son bonitas y muy bien aprovechadas. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coat sewing was amazing. Making coats is very time hungry isn't it but you feel very accomplished at the end!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...