Sunday 5 April 2020

Kimono Style Dress

Now  this last couple of days I have had a few false starts, to begin with I have cut a few things out that did not inspire me ( sometimes the fabric really is everything and the ideas I had seen were not working with my offcuts!). Then of course there is fabric I have loved on other bags but when I tried to use too much of it at once I went right off it and that is this one...

Now don't worry it will be saved but this was just not doing it for me all in the same fabric, it will be paired with something calming at a later date.  For now it is safely back in the drawer.  It didn't help that I had a migraine all day yesterday and felt very sick so maybe I'm not fully recovered and the fabric is just too shouty!

I did settle on cutting out this simple sew pattern again however as I have made it before and though it is simple it just looks so good on.  There wasn't quite enough fabric so I have had to make it slimmer and shorter but it still works, leggings or tights under this one unless I am on the back garden.

It just ties around with the belt may times so you get a nice fit, ideally don't use a fabric that wrinkles much due to all the tying, this fabric is perfect.  The very long belt ties are stitched into the waist at the sides,  I opted to make them slimmer this time for a bit of variation.

 As you can see it is a blouse that I have lengthened, the last time I did it I made it much longer but I had more fabric that time.  If you want to see my last version of this it is here simple sew dress

When  I make something like this I am always amazed how well something so simple can look on, I am sorry there is no photo of me in I finished just as I was about to put the dinner out  so quickly tried it then ran down to dish up.  Do any of you sew while doing other things?   I am usually ok but there has been the odd time I have burnt the roast potatoes.

There has been a message from Minerva saying my fabric is on the way so I can get on and make more boxer shorts when that arrives, of course  there are a few pieces in there for me too, just bits and I have no idea what for?

Keep busy everyone, back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric for the bag, maybe you will feel different about it with no migraine. Hope you feel better soon. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric for the bag too, maybe for another day! I use a pattern for the 1 hour top from Fancy Tiger crafts which is similar to yours and it always makes a great top. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...