Wednesday 5 January 2022

Middle of the Week

 The middle of the week already, time passes so quickly I walked my dogs earlier and got caught in the school rush coming out.  We have a large secondary school near us and if you don't time it right you are faced with hundreds of teenagers walking towards you at once, somehow they don't know how to step to the side like we grown ups do  but remain in a block shoulder to shoulder.  It was a quick get out while my stomach is settled I will have to have a week on the FODMAP to get me back to normal as it feels like everything I eat I am at war with at the moment!

Here are  a few pics from my walk, as the sky was looking so lovely...




The dogs are  there charging ahead they have this little contest about how can be just a tad in front of the others at all times.  Still a very lovely winters day again today, I am making the most of every day despite my stomach trying sabotage things.

Here is the bag that I made up last night, Jo if you are reading you may recognise a couple of fabric bits.


The combination of offcuts worked well here again and the black fabric used to be a skirt. 

Every now and then I have the thought that I can't keep making all the bags different as I will not have enough variations but it has not happened so far and there are lots of different ways you can put fabric together.  My hudband said well they are the same shape and yes they are but I like to keep that bit simple and just play around with the fabrics I use or put on them.  The main thing is |I have fun doing it and hope the people who receive them enjoy them and appreciate that they are all different.

I will end with sharing this crepe top with you, very nice fabric to work with this one.  Ripple crepe from Minerva and burda pattern 6225. It hangs very well and was a pleasure to sew.


Have a super end to the week, and look after yourselves.













2 comments:

  1. Este bolso tambiĆ©n te ha quedado chulo y aunque repitas modelo se ve distinto con la nueva combinaciĆ³n de telas. Tu blusa muy bonita. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing stomach pain, as someone who has a crohns disease diagnosis (although very much in remission these days) stomach pain is so painful. I do hope it eases for you soon.

    I hear you on the school children thing.

    Your bags are always so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...