Thursday 27 January 2022

Sewing this and that

 Hello, we have been having a few more brighter days so the weather has definitley improved from the dark dreary days of a few weeks ago.  My daily walks have been bright but cold, I hope it has been as nice where you are.

I have got into a little pattern of going straight to my room to do my sewing every day, editing my listings on Etsy and writing everything down so that I don't forget.  I have started making brooches this week and I am enjoying doing that as it is a great way to use every last bit of fabric and mix all the colourful bits together.  Here a re a few few of those below...


Fortunately I had some card with butterflies on with my card making supplies they are just right to mount them on.  I may run out quite quickly though as there were only a few sheets I will have to create something else myself. They are about 15cm at the longest point so they are not a small thing. 



We have been watching Ozark this week and as we watch an episode every evening we are all caught up with that now.  I sometimes wonder if it was a better idea when we had to wait for the next episode a week as now we just watch things all in one week.

I made another Windmill cushion and a little lesson to go with it, if it is not required I will post it on one of my own areas such as here or YouTube.   

I have a few of these as I love making them they are such a good way to use up fabrics and make something pretty and useful.

In bag making here is todays make...

                                                                               Etsy Shop

Also watching more of The Last Homely House on YouTube, I mentioned this in my last post and Kate is such an industrious, creative lady, full of ideas and very easy to watch so if you love watching craft videos go and have a look.  I have it on in the kitchen sometimes while I am chopping veg and prepairing the evening meal it is like having a friend in the kitchen with you while you cook. 

Well I need to get on with more sewing now as I usually get back to it after tea for an hour or so, I hope you are having a good week and looking after yourselves. 




7 comments:

  1. Tus broches de flores son muy alegres al igual que el cojín y el nuevo bolso.
    Nosotros también estamos viendo la serie OZARK en éstos días. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring, I love how you find projects to use up all the small pieces of fabric so nothing goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do hate to throw away even the smallest bits. I am finding more and more ways to use them. x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sending me to look at The Last Homely House - I've been avidly catching up with Kate's YouTube videos ever since! You inspire me to try creative clothing makeovers and now I have even more creative patchwork ideas from Kate, all I lack is the time to do it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have you watched the one about her tree house? Another amazing space she created and crafts in sometimes, I also love the quilt in progress for Agnes. x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for reading my ramblings here, The Last Homely House is so good, she accomplishes all different kinds of things and I find her very soothing. I hope you carve out some time soon for some making. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the brooches. My scraps are getting a bit overwhelming again so I am quilting at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...