Monday 3 January 2022

A Good Start

 The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day, what a good start to the year.  We have just been out with the dogs and came back to have a sandwich and some crisps.  The park was full so maybe everyone has the same idea to get out while the sun is shining.

As I don't eat regular bread I have used the last of my little gf rolls, so if anyone knows of a really quick little bread that can be made daily in small amounts please let me know.  I know how to make a full size gf loaf but it doesn't keep, it is only really good on the day and only me that eats it.  I buy the schar ones occasionally but they are so expensive for what you get so I need a really quick fix maybe something yeast free?  I had thought of adapting my scone recipe but there is plant spread in that so not so light as a bread, just a thought is thee such a thing as a scone bread?

Yesterday I finished my bag and listed that, I actually got all the photographs done only to find i had not added a label to the front.  As I have bought these bag labels they ought to be used so I handstitched one on and redid the photos again!  It is a good combination of colours this one, a bit of good news too when I got up this morning to see I had sold another bag, that always makes me happy.



First bag of the year this one, watch out for many more I do enjoy making them. 

 After lunch I have listed a few items on Ebay, I haven't done this for a while but thought I would give it a go.  They are clothes I don't wear anymore all in good condition back from the days of me buying in the next sale.  That was sometime ago as I make everything now but they are classic work wear styles so nothing that is out of fashion.  Step one for me of letting go of what I don't use, I look at them and they are nice but never wear them so someone else could be using them.

We have been watching Around The World in Eighty days and I am enjoying that, it is nice to see some easy to watch TV.  Also watching The Tourist, they do tend to start the new year with a bit of good viewing.

I have commented on the weather too soon as I have been typing this the sky has gone dark and it is now pouring.  We got out just at the right time. That is where my flexible plans for my days will come in handy, to get out while it's good and never put off a dog walk while the sky is blue. 

The tree came down this morning, it is always a little sad to say goodbye to Christmas.  Many people do leave their trimmings up a while yet but once it is new year we always tend to tidy them away for a fresh start.  It is just bare in the window without the twinkling lights.   We pop everything back in the loft in the same place each year so it is easy to find, the little counter top tree I had in the kitchen has been put in a bag with all the baubles still on it ready for next year.  Do you do the same or do you have a change each year?  I like to stick with the same decorations but if you like to mix things up I suppose you could do a swap with a friend or relative to save on waste. 

Have a lovely day everyone.



5 comments:

  1. ¡¡Qué rapidez!! te ha quedado muy bien y en cuanto a la decoración navideña pongo la misma cada año, a veces hay algo nuevo......
    Yo recogeré las cosas de la Navidad después del 6 de Enero, aquí en España el 6 de Enero es el día en que los Reyes Magos, la noche del día 5 los niños dejan los zapatitos debajo del árbol y encuentran juguetes cuando se levantan por la mañana.
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, yo sabo muchas personas respetar el 6 de enero. Cuando mi ninos eran pequenos yo leelos un relato sobre los zapatos y el 6 de enero.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bag, you are so quick with your sewing. I loved your last post about small intentions, that has been in my head since reading it. I loved the idea of decluttering little and often, I cleared my bedside table this morning there were 12 books on there! Down to 7 now, still quite a few but a lot better than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little and often that will get it done, anything is progrees I think, doing nothing isn't. Good luck with it, I think I don't have much clutter until I open a cupboard!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...