Thursday 20 January 2022

Week Three

 Hello everyone, well I began the week with a broken tooth/filling! I wasn't even eating anything hard oh dear, hopefully I am not falling to bits.  I managed to get in the dentist  Wednesday so that is all fixed, she was able to just redo the side of it without any need for numbing, I think that is always the worst bit so at least I was spared that. So possibly I will be eating very carefully around that tooth now for ever more, or at least until I forget. 

I have been watching some lovely videos on youtube at The last Homely House if you have never seen any of these go and have a look she makes the most amazing quilts and does all kinds of crafting plus she is a lovely lady to listen to and chats about all sorts, like listening to a friend. 

Tuesday I thought I had discovered the best ever GF Wraps and had two for lunch, only to find I had the most horrendous stomach ache for the rest of the day and all night.  After looking at the packet I noticed Xanthan gum!  Well that will teach me not to look, I had to throw this away when I had some as it plays havoc with me and unfortunatley most Gf recipes for bread have it listed.  That is why I bought some a few years ago but I soon got rid of it, it is tricky though as they sneak it in all sorts,  that and certain preservatives or artificial sweeteners they are another trigger, I know I think I just wont eat!  Bananas are good I'm ok with those 😀

Keeping up with the list making but I have noticed one thing I had one item that got moved three days running! Perhaps because I do put rarher a lot on these lists and also because I sometimes underestimate just how long things take. So my soloution to this is the item has gone to the top of todays list and it is the first thing I am doing this morning. 

Yesterday I made a bag that I am not sure I can part with, well I have listed it in my Etsy shop however I keep looking at it, it is so colourful and the flower turned out so well.  Some of my gifted  recycled fabric here, plus lots of odd bits.  This was one of the jobs I mean where I allocated time then it took twice as long, mainly because I was experimenting with the fabrics and colours then putting it all together.





I do a number of layers of fabric between the lining and the outer fabric so they are very stable, all recycled and a zip on this one also recycled.

Today on the list is to take some declutter to the charity shop, I have a confession to make I did buy three books last week from the charity shop, so this may sound like it is defeating the object of decluttering. However I am looking at it like this I am making sure  more goes out than comes in so that way I stay on top and I don't buy books every week it is just if I see them plus it supports the charity shop too. 

Here are the ones I picked up...


The one on the end is by the same author as The Mercies which I have just read and really enjoyed so I thought I would give that a go. The middle one was up on a shelf and just caught my eye, The travelling Cat Chronicles just looked a bit different. Waterstones eat your heart out ha ha. 

Well I am off now to get on with todays list, have a lovely weekend where ever you are. 






2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely bag I can see why you don't want to part with it. I am sorry to hear about your tooth, that sounds really painful. I am also sorry to hear that your stomach ache is still bothering you, it is easier when we know the things that bother us isn't it. It is tiresome having to check ingredients but essential when it stops us being unwell/in pain. Hope you have a lovely weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your tummy is better now. I suppose all those additives are meant to make food stable for longer but it doesn't help if you have to read the labels carefully all the time. Knowing what isn't good for you is useful, makes it easier to scan those labels. The bag is cute indeed. Keep it, you deserve it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...