Monday 15 October 2018

Minerva Makes

Today I have a dress featured over on the Minerva crafts Blog   it is for the scuba floral dress I made follow the link to read the full post.  You will have to scroll down a little I am the third project they have on for today.
I have since worn this to go out in as it was a little warm to wear when we were having the heatwave in the summer months.  It is ideal for now though as this fabric is quite thick, I also thought it would be good for straight skirts for the Autumn/ Winter months so why not have a look at what other scuba fabrics they have on offer.   As it is grey and damp now looking back at that picture makes me crave the summer, oh well may as well embrace the boots and tights season instead.

It was a bit of an effort getting up in the dark this morning, I read somewhere that you should make your breakfast a treat so that you have  something to look forward to.  As I generally have the same porridge most days I am not quite sure how this will work but it might be something to think about.
There is a whole movement of people getting up at 5am when they don't need to just to enjoy the peace of the morning. I had enough of that when the children were babies but it would be good to manage 6am consistently on work days just to have a bit of a chilled morning, it is generally the alarm at 6.30 making me sad so some work there is required. I find I can manage a couple of days of jumping out of bed earlier but then  I slip back. The SAD clock does not work so don't waste your money, I found it just starts to come on brightening the room  about half an hour before the alarm actually goes off and therefore steals more of your rest.

There has been a run of poor books recently so I haven't been able to get my teeth into any of them,
I started reading the sequel to The Bear and the Nightingale and it was no where near as good and I gave up about half way through, I started The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night, but after the first few pages I decided that was a bit disturbing and perhaps not for me so I put that down too.  This evening I will start Any Human Heart by William Boyd, it was picked up at the charity shop for 75p so wish me luck with that one. I do like to have a good book on the go and recently they have been disappointing.




4 comments:

  1. Scuba is warmer for Autumn. I have the little cardigan jacket you made in the summer all cut out in navy scuba but seem to have missed the moment to wear a three quarter length over garment. Never mind - it is all cut up for another time. I couldn't decide whether to line it or not either. Lovely Dress. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is lovely. I dusted off the sewing machine yesterday for the first time in ages and am enjoying the process of making some shopping bags. I'm thinking about making some clothes but the thought terrifies me a bit. Baby steps.. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in awe of your skills, the dress is beautiful. W tend to have porridge most mornings but to to make it different we have a different topping such as dried fruit, apricots, cranberries, raisins, figs, dates with the occasional nut thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you made that.. it is beautiful.
    Waking up in the morning is always so difficult.. especially when it is so dark and cold outside.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...