Friday 5 October 2018

Butterfly Wrap Dress

I spent a quiet day today as it has been quite grey and I thought I would take the photographs and write my post for Minerva Crafts so that is finished.  I also had to take my dress in a little as I mentioned yesterday I cut it out larger to accommodate for it not being a stretch fabric.  Well there was no need as that pattern was quite generous. I put heels on to take the photos and couldn't wait to take them off!  Why did I ever wear such instruments of torture? That said if I had a special occasion I would probably put them on to look properly dressed, how strange we women are.  As I generally don't have any special events to attend my feet are safe for now.

Here is the dress on the mannequin, I save the main post and photographs for Minerva.


This was a Kwik Sew pattern and came together well, had I not opted to cut the larger size to begin with I feel it would have fit first time.  It does recommend stretch fabric but this poplin worked really well.

I also took in a pair of jeans this morning, they are a favourite pair that fit well but are a little big at the waist. I unpicked the waistband at the sides, ran the side seams down a bit up to the rivets then cut through the waistband to remove a little there.
I did this on both sides, they are very stretchy.

 I just pinned it over to where I wanted it, then topstitched it on the outside.
 They are spot on now and no more working their way down when I'm out dog walking.  I like to try and save things, they are a little faded but that doesn't bother me, black jeans are never true black for long are they. 

4 comments:

  1. I have 2/3 pairs of jeans that need altering they have put aside for awhile but somehow I never get around to it. Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that alteration on all my girls jeans because they are so slim. Me, I need to let some of mine out if I could! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever altered jeans. I wear them out too quickly, it is not worth the effort. I do patch them though where they wear out too much. Your dress looks nice, butterflies are always lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress. It looks like something I would love to wear but I seem to fail miserably when it comes to clothes making. I envy your skill. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...