Saturday 27 October 2018

Minerva Post and Eating Out

I should have added this link yesterday but I forgot! So here is my link to my Minerva post, lucky dip bag.  These are some of the items I made during the summer using this fabulous surprise bag, I have since made a black dress also that I blogged about here, top to dress pattern hack using some more of the fabric.

Today we have been out for lunch to The Botanist in Sheffield, this is not something we do a lot but it was a little celebration.  I have to say I am starting to be in agreement with my husband that eating out is a total waste of money.  I know that I sound like a real grump but honestly after a main meal each you do not expect to still be hungry, especially at thirty odd pound!  That is half of the weeks food budget so really I was not impressed. My meal was a Malaysian curry, basically a very watery soup with the tiniest bowl of rice you have ever seen.  My husband had a kebab that had four small pieces of lamb and a few bits of red pepper and onion, with a side of skinny sweet potato fries (one very small potato.  Funny thing was that his dish came with this tiny bowl of sauce and a lady accompanied the waiter to ask if my husband would like assistance in pouring this sauce over the kebab??  Why I am not sure, maybe to justify the price, anyway he said no thank you he could manage! 
Needless to say we did not stay for desert and when we got home he had a bowl of cereal, how bad is that? The food was tasty don't get me wrong but you shouldn't feel hungry after paying for a meal.

Up to now I have always maintained that yes it is a bit expensive but for special occasions we see it as a treat, today I feel a bit like we were mugged!  I think for future celebrations we may do food at home, a nice walk and a drink in a pub to finish it off and let that be it.  We have found some nice deals where you get two for one meals in the past, perhaps we should leave the over priced food to those who don't mind.  
  
I have a pan of pasta on the go now, got to fill that space! Some nice cherry tomatoes and some olives, better than anything I ate today, you live and learn don't you.

On a thriftier note I did collect five books from the library today that I ordered last week, two of which I was looking at in Waterstones last Saturday but no way was I paying £8.99 a piece for books I may have finished in a couple of days.  That is some nice quiet reading for the coming weeks. 







     

1 comment:

  1. We rarely eat out these days as we are often disappointed, we celebrate with a treat food and a bottle of wine at home. Love the black dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...