Sunday 29 May 2022

The Mimi Blouse

 This week has been a bit disappointing here in terms of the weather, lots of grey skies and I have to say quite cool.  May is often a good month but it has not really properly warmed up yet, I hope it does soon as we have such a small season of good weather here in the UK.  

I have made another pattern from The Love at First Book this time the Mimi Blouse, this was a nice make and one that I will definitley return to.  For this blouse I used a piece of crepe fabric that was gifted to me from a friend,  she had a clear out of bits she wouldn't use and I have made my way through them.

There was a bit of creative placement with the pattern pieces to get it out of 1 meter, this also meant that I used a small amount of plain blue on the inside facing for back collar and under collar.  The rest I managed to squeeze out of the piece.


Now the piece I used on the under collar is slightly heavier fabric but it doesn't seem to have it affected the look.


The back has a yoke.


I didn't have any white buttons but I did have some cream ones so I just turned them to the wrong side as they are white on the reverse.   There is also a nice pleat detail to sleeves that I like. Have you made any patterns from this book and if so which ones were your favourites?  I do like these books and I think they are really clear and also really stylish.  The images inside work really well with the colours and styling.  When I went on the library website yesterday I spotted a few other sewing and refashioning books so I put those on hold.

There has also been a bit of filming this week, every day in fact and alterations for people.  Not a lot of out and about as the weather as I said was not very inspiring, just a few local dog walks. This week I hope to improve on that and we will be getting ourselves out a bit more no matter what the weather is doing!   

I hope you have a lovely week wherever you are, back soon. 




3 comments:

  1. Un patrĂ³n estupendo para una tela es bien bonita y la idea de volver los botones es genial. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blouse. I have been reading the palmer and Pletsch Fitting book and learnt so much - teachers like to keep learning I think! There were some fitting photos that really made sense to me and will improve my sewing. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that does sound interesting I will keep an eye out for that one, sometimes you do things the same way for years then suddenly see something and think oh yes that is much better! I love a good tip. x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...