Sunday 22 May 2022

The Megan Dress

 Hello everyone I hope you are having a restful weekend.  I have had a good week, yesterday I made the Megan Dress from the the Love at first stitch book that I got from the library.  I am currently working through it and making videos for that on each item so I will link that below if you want to take a look.  If you do can you please subscribe and leave a comment as it is like a drop in the ocean being on there and I don't know how you ever get seen! 

Anyway I enjoyed making the dress and I used fabric that I bought a while ago as a treat but have not used because I was saving it until I knew what I wanted to do with it.  So this dress was on my mind but I only had 1 meter.  Well the fabric suggestions always state too much don't they so I got out the fabric and faffed about with the pieces until they fit and hey presto they did!  I was very pleased about that and I think the simple style of the dress goes well with the patterned fabric. 

A few adjustments that I did make were...

  • Altering the shoulder as things tend to stand up on my small shoulders so I have taken a cm out of each side.
  • I used a regular zip then topstitched down each side to hide it. (I like to use what I have in. )
  • The hem is finished with bias binding as I had to cut the length  a fraction smaller to fit the pieces on the 1 meter of fabric, binding the hem means it still has a good hem on the inside.
  • The sleeves are also about a cm shorter but that is not much is it?
So I would recommend making this dress it is easy to follow and if you are not sure just watch my video 😊  as I go through it with you step by step. 


                                                   Sew along video for the Megan Dress

We also had a night away in our caravan last weekend, I did think it was a bit much going for one night with all the stuff and getting the caravan off the drive but it went smoothly the weather was lovely and it actually made the weekend seem longer!  We went to Carsington water, we have been there before when our boys were young twice and it is lovely, plus it is just about 1 hour 20 minutes away so not too bad for a quick get away.  We did the walk and it felt longer than it use to, we must be getting on.  Lots of families with children refusing to go any further, hah, that brought back memories.   Here are a few photos...

How glorious is that sky?  You don't have to go far to see such beautiful places.


Lots of lambs in the fields too and that is always lovely to see.





Of course I have to pop in a picture of our little orange holiday home. 

We didn't bother with the awning as it was just for the night, as it was dry this ok.  Sometimes it is better to have the awning up if it is wet so you can store things out there in it but the weather was gorgeous.

There was a bit of bag making at the beginning of the week too here is the latest one...


Well that is all for now have a super week and take care. 





2 comments:

  1. Bonito fin de semana, bonito vestido y bonito bolso. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Arish, yo estoy muy feliz con mi vestido y nosotros disfrutar el poco vacacion.

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

Me Made May 2024

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well I know it has been a while.  There are so many things that I haven't posted that I just do...