Friday 13 May 2022

A Little Makeover

 Hello everyone I thought i would share this as i actually meant to do so a few weeks ago and forgot!  I have a footstool thingy in my back room where my husband likes to go and sit to do gaming and it is all beaten up from the dogs sitting on it.  It is leather and I don't buy that now but we have had it some years, so I bought some faux leather in grey (well I thought I had ordered grey!) when it came it is a metalic colour and I had not checked the box correctly, well oh well I made it up anyway.  It does look so much better than berfore but it is not perfect.  Here it is....

                        


                              
It was a quick make so I didn't spend too much time on it I just needed to give it a refresh as my husband does use it to put his feet on and there is handy storage inside it.


So if I had been more on the ball this last few weeks you would have seen this already, I have a few other makeover bits that need doing too.  We have recently moved out the troplical fish tank as the last fish bar one had died, the plecostomus has gone to the pet shop to be with friends.  There is now a gap and I have a bit of charity shop furniture that needs to go in the space but not before i have done it up so I will share that with you when I get around  to it. 

This week I have made a jacket for a friend so I must remember to take images of that before she collects it.  Also I have more videos on you tube so if you are not already a subscriber please go and take a look.



I have got the above book from the library just like I did with my other Tilly  book beofre finding one in the charity shop.  I also have put in a request for the latest one as a buyer request so fingers crossed they get that one in too. 

My husband has a new shirt that I made and he wore it for a night out, so now that I know that he likes that one there will be more to come, I did need to alter the cuffs though I don't know how big they think peoples wrists are, these were quite big before adjustments.



It is a cotton chambray and I have to admit to ironing it about a million times before he wore it.


This t shirt was another tilly make using leftover bits, I am very pleased with this as I love a use it up project.  

Well I hope you are having a good week and enjoy your weekend, take care and bye for now. 







3 comments:

  1. That footstool looks wonderful with the make over you have given it ... very professional looking. I love all your sewing - you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie, it is a little more silver than I would have liked but much better than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thrifty sewing projects like the stool and the T-shirt. I like to do those too and it reminds me of why I started sewing. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...