Sunday 1 May 2022

A New Month of Sewing

 Hello where ever you are I hope you are doing well.  I have had such a busy month and it has just flown by.  Last week we went to the Cotswolds in our caravan and that was lovely as we had to postpone our trip to the lakes afew weeks ago due to the weather.  Having a small van and three dogs we at least need some dry weather for it to be enjoyable and this time it was, a fair amount of sunshine too.  I will share a few holiday snaps with you...

This is the tower at Broadway,   we did the walk from the bottom of the hill and up across the fields.  I love this village it is so pretty with beautiful buildings and cute little shops we also had chips at the best chip shop called Russel's with a glas of wine no less.  I had vegan pie too and my husband a a fish.  He is mainly plantbased now but will occasionally have a fish.  I really enjoyed this as we don't often eat out when we are away I always cook and to be honest there is rarely much on offer for me to eat so this was great.

 Here I am looking pleased with my lunch outside!

This is our little caravan set up, we mainly use CL sites now as we like the peace and are not big on large sites with clubs and so on because we wouldn't use them.  

This is one of the many pictures of churches that I took and this particular one is at Blockley where some of father Brown is filmed if you have ever heard of that. I have watched it and there is such beautiful scenery in it, it made me want to visit the area.  The show is filmed over a number of places in the Cotswolds and other places I believe.






I stood there because I thought the car went well with my memade jacket, only a dress maker would understand.  This was in Chipping Camden.

So that is first little jaunt in the van for the year and we have a few more booked in, not too far way I think the furthest we are going is Angelsey.

There has been much sewing and I have just been doing that today too, I have shortened and fully lined the trousers of two jumpsuits this morning  for a customer and she came to collect and dropped off another.  She does love a jumpsuit.

Here are a few of my makes this month...
I enjoyed making all three things from this pattern and the jacket is a lovely fit.

Another Tilly dress from the stretch book i have made four of these now and this fabric was only £2.99 a meter so that was a win.

This is a beautiful dress but requires a night out to wear it, it is fully lined and a super shape.  I really like the colours.

This coat with the oversized collar, I am sure that huge collar will keep me super toasty next winter.


My mustard t shirt from sweatshirting fabric, great for an inbetween day, I had a piece left that I didn't want to go to waste.  I hacked a sweatshirt pattern and added the pleat details myself to pull it in a little bit.  I have worn it a few times already.

Gingham shorts, another good fit so all we need now is a good bit of sunshine worthy of shorts!
A coat or maybe a cardigan either way it is warm, this is teddy coating.

All my fabrics are from minerva.com I haven't listed all the pattern numbers here just because I don't have them to hand right now, but if you are interest in any in particular just leave me a comment and I will let you know the pattern make and number.

Me made May has started today  too, so I will be trying my best to keep up with posting on there so if you don't follow me already you can have a look at that @sewingreenlady.  Are any of you taking part, if so let me know so I can follow your makes/wears too.


Well that all for now, have a lovely week. 



3 comments:

  1. I love your wee caravan! It's delightful. All your makes are lovely too, I am always in aware of how much sewing you manage to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is cute and just everything we need.

      Delete
  2. Rest assured, I understand the car photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...