Monday 29 June 2020

Burda Jumpsuit

Hello I hope you all had a good weekend, I managed to get back to the machine to make my jumpsuit and I have to say that halfway through I wasn't really sure about this. It is certainly one of those garments that looks so much better on than off and the fabric is quite see through I feel, this also looks better once you are wearing it.  Well colour matched underwear will be required though!

This was my third make from the Burda June issue and how am I feeling about that?  Well I like the things I have made so far but I do wonder about the accuracy of the sizings,  I made a bigger size to be safe and then still needed to let out the seems to a very small seem allowance.  I know I haven't gained that much weight during lockdown or none of my clothes would fit.  So now I will be even more cautious with the sizes for future makes.  I went on a forum and this was a common theme and it is not on every garment so there must be errors.  This is only a grumble as I know I would have sized it more accurately without the pattern and by trying do things according to the magazine it all took so much longer then needed adjusting.  Well it is finished and I do like it except if I visit the toilet while I am in it I will need assistance with the  button when I come out and that has been my issue with jumpsuits all along the practicality of wearing them and also why I own three mock ones.

So it doesn't look see through at all in this image but then the weather was very dull, a bit of light shining through and it may be different.


There is elastic casing all around the top of the trousers and the back top is attached but the front is just attached at the sides so the front can tie.   I used the fabric recommended in the magazine and this is a linen viscose blend and the colour is coral.

The July issue has arrived but I am struggling to find something to make in this copy, a lot of the styles are very boxy and basic but there is one dress that is a maybe but I am wondering if it may be too frilly for every day wear as I am trying to make things to be worn not saved.

Does anyone else have the July Burda and if so what are your thoughts on it? Sometimes it can all be down to fabric choices or the way things are styled.  I keep having another browse through as I had should a good reaction to last months issue but they won't all be winners I guess.

On another subject my oldest moved in with his girlfriend at the weekend it felt a  little odd, although he often stays out at her flat it felt very different knowing that he wouldn't be home.  Now we have the massive sort out task of his room. 

Well that is all for now back soon.


 

9 comments:

  1. I love the colour! I do hope the fabric is not see through that would be rather disappointing after all your work.

    A big day for your with your eldest moving out, I expect that will leave a big hole in your lives xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the fabric. It looks really good on you but I a personally not a fan of jumpsuits, there would definitely be an toilet issue with the blood pressure tablets that I am on lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely on you it really does. The fabric color is wonderful and so is the fit. I can understand bout the whole having to go to the bathroom and wrestling it on and off and the button issue. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jumpsuit looks fantastic on you! I do love a spot of bright colour so I'm a bit partial anyway! I don think I'd actually wear one though for the exact reason you stated - the ease of getting in and out of it ;)
    It's a bit tricky when the oldest child leaves home isn't it? Sending you a sympathising mama hug xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your jumpsuit, it fits well and the colour is really pretty, too. I have never made or owned a jumpsuit, maybe one with short legs to begin with (this might also help with the toilet issue, less fabric to hold up).

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I really like that! What a glorious colour too :) I used to wear them all the time in the 80's, but I haven't worn one since x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jumpsuit is beautiful and looks great on you. I remember wearing a jumpsuit in the 80s and the struggle to keep it off the floor and out of the toilet when using the bathroom. I like your idea of mock jumpsuits as a way to avoid those issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look great. Burda are not my favourite pattern co for the same reasons as you - the sizing. But you have certainly made a great jumpsuit. As you know I like the Ottobre patterns. They have a more universal appeal and less of a catwalk style. Hope you find a good pattern to try. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jumpsuit looks really lovely, I like the colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...