Friday 31 May 2019

A Mock Jumpsuit

This week I have been putting together this outfit for a Minerva post, I had intended to make a jumpsuit but do you know what I don't feel there is any need for my top to be connected to my bottom garments ;). really it just makes it such a pain when you need to pay a visit that I decided separates give the same effect without the hassle if they match.

I will give a peek here but I am saving the full post for Minerva Crafts . I enjoyed  making this as I didn't set myself the task to do it all in one day as I sometimes do.  When I do that any interruptions to my sewing are annoying  and I wanted to avoid that.  Instead I chose to do a bit each day over a few days.

My son very kindly rook the photo's for me and this saved me messing about with the tripod, this was just as well because it was very windy.   I know I will be more inclined to wear this as it is easy to get in and out of.

Today I have done some hand bag sewing, I have just finished that about twenty minutes ago and will share it once I have uploaded the photo's to Etsy. In an attempt to be more aware of marketing I have been reading this...

I get the idea however I am already on all the social media it suggests, I don't really have much of a following as I don't follow hundreds of people myself.  If you do that how on earth do you ever get anything done. I would rather  follow crafters that I am interested in, food design and stuff like that and then I can enjoy what pops up rather than scrolling, how do you all feel about this? I do understand that it is an important tool.  So there I am no business woman I guess but if I follow you, you can be sure I actually read your content!

In other reading I have just finished 'People in the Room'  by Norah Lange.  I have to say this book was not for me, it never really went anywhere and I kept at it as I was waiting for some revelation that never came.  Has anyone else read this and if so what are your thoughts?

We have also started watching a new drama this week called 'Undercover' and this one is in Flemish (subtitled) we are quite enjoying it.  It is quite amusing that there was a time when my husband didn't watch anything with subtitles  and now that is most of what we watch.. I think it gives so much more variety and you get to know which genres you like from where.  We find a lot on Netflix and BBC4 More 4 are good too.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I like the idea of a 2 piece. I used to have a number of very trendy boiler-suits in the 80's and I loved them, but they were a pain when you needed the loo having to pull the whole thing down. Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to do a two piece set in the same fabric to get that 'jumpsuit' look. I have done this myself several times with tops and skirts in the same fabric to create the effect of a dress with the flexibility to mix and match with other things in my wardrobe too.
    Such a lovely fabric and good pattern pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, so much easier to pay a visit which is why I wouldn't buy a one piece. You would get more traffic to your blog if you added more labels. So for today maybe add jumpsuit, social media, selling handbags. Add a permanent link to your Etsy shop in your sidebar so that casual visitors will find your things for sale. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your tips, I do add more labels further down where you get the option for tags for your search description when you are creating the blog post. Also I looked at putting a permanent Etsy icon my side bar as I used to have one a few years ago but there is no easy way to do that now. If you have any ideas or links for how to do that I'd really appreciate it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new outfit! I never wear jumpsuits for the same reason and you really can't tell the difference with what you made. Enjoy wearing it. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit .... you are so clever with all your sewing creations. You seem to get the fit just perfect. Lovely fabric too. I agree with you regarding the following loads of folk ... how do they ever get anything done?? Makes me wonder as I only follow ones I am interested in & that seems to take up enough time !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...