Friday 24 May 2019

Wrap Dress

This morning I was up early so I have had time to get on and make up this dress that I cut out earlier in the week.  It is a wrap dress from Simply Sewing magazine, the fabric was a leftover from a dress I made for a relative last year.  I have to say that when I cut it out I thought it may look too much like a robe but it does in fact look great.  A simple pattern too so ideal for a beginner.


I did have to take the shoulders up by quite a bit but I am thinking that is probably my fault and maybe I should have cut out the smaller size.  I am always cautious of new patterns a s you can take in but you can't put back on once it is cut so I go for caution then adjust.

The ties are really long and go around three times, this makes for  an interesting belt though and of course you have the option as to where you tie it and how.


There are no other fastenings on this dress other than the tie belt, so if you are nervous about different closings this might be the dress for you.   I think it would be a good holiday dress especially for the beach over a costume maybe.  I will lookout for fabric that doesn't crease to make another one of these.  This one is lovely and smart but I think it would be good in a casual style of fabric too.

As I said I have had this fabric since last year when it was left over so it goes to show that sometimes it is good to hang on until you see the right thing for your fabric.   When I saw the cover pattern in a green floral I instantly thought of this fabric in the cupboard so maybe it was meant to be.   I hope that when we go to Wales for our holiday we will get at least some sun so I can wear this.

Right now I am off as I have boring house jobs to do like hanging out washing, doing the food shop etc.  I'd rather carry on sewing but these things need doing ;)




4 comments:

  1. It really suits you and is the perfect fit. Here's hoping you get the weather and can wear it on your holiday to Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress! I love the style and the fabric is perfect for the wrap dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful dress so flattering. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...