Saturday 16 February 2019

Use it up!

I  don't know about you but sometimes when I make something there is a bit left that is a fair size but not quite big enough to get a garment out of.  There is also the issue that as I love my prints so much combining bits of this and that won't really work.  Well I am determined to get down the oddments over the coming year so first up is this top...
Now you may recognise the fabric as I shared the dress a couple of weeks ago, the problem was there was not enough to cut front and back pieces in one go.  To solve this I have added a panel up each side.

I  was a bit worried at first that it may look silly with the pattern not matching but my husband said the pattern is busy you can't really notice it.  There is also a little casing of elastic around the sleeves just to pull them in and give them a bit of shape.

There was no pattern involved for this make I just cut around an existing top of mine, I then cut a round neck with a small slit going down from it.  I hen folded back the fabric to hem and this gave the shape.

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch  and we had a nice walk around Wentworth at Rotherham.


 While we were in the garden centre shop I saw this amazing wrapping paper and I bought myself a sheet.  It is too nice to be ripped off a gift so I will use it to cover a box for storage or something.

The colours are not really showing up well in this image but it has gold in it and a really good weight to the paper.  They had other lovely designs so I will have to keep them in mind for future projects. If anyone has any paper projects in mind that are a bit unusual please share. 


Currently I am planning a new handbag, I have had one in mind since New year but this has changed because today I visited the local shop to buy interfacing and while I was there picked up this gorgeous Santoro fat quarter. So I want to use that now and this has changed my colour scheme, fortunately the cream faux leather I was going to use will go with this fabric too.  As it is half term I will be getting on with that and a few other crafty bits I've been putting off.  Spring must be in the air as I can feel lots of plans coming on for things to make. 






1 comment:

  1. I love your new top & you would certainly NOT notice the inserts with the bold pattern. I also adore that wrapping paper & am thinking i would put it in a simple frame as its so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

Me Made May 2024

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well I know it has been a while.  There are so many things that I haven't posted that I just do...