Sunday 24 December 2017

Relax and Enjoy

Well the day is nearly here and I hope everyone is having a restful time and not still running around like maniacs.  We were out having a walk yesterday and had to call in the supermarket, you would not believe the chaos in there anyone would think the world was about to end or the shops never to reopen.  I really don't get it as the shops are usually only really closed for a day and as for the food shopping, why do people go so crazy with the food?

We were very impressed with all the veg for 29p at Morrisons and I have just seen an advert where all the veg is 20p at the moment in ASDA, that is carrots, sprouts, parsnips and potatoes.  I have tried to get on with sprouts but they give me a stomach ache, so just the husband eating those.  It did make me think though that even with quite a few people round for lunch it doesn't have to cost a fortune for Christmas dinner.  It is all the pre-prepared and unnecessary stuff that boosts the cost.

I am  having a few days off from sewing but I do have my post for this fabric and top...
 This can be viewed over at the Minerva blog just follow that link, I have already worn it quite a bit so this was a really useful make and very comfortable.  It is a very strange thing but over many years of sewing I never bought bias binding and always made my own and now I am buying it in every colour and using it on everything.  It is so cheap and useful!  Why did I spend time making my own when it just costs pennies?  Don't get me wrong if you have some little strips left it is a great way to use them up if they can be cut at the right angle but it has saved me time using the ready made binding.

Right we are off out for a walk in a little while , have a lovely restful Christmas and try not to stress about it because there really is no need.  Happy Christmas. x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I nearly chose this fabric on Thursday!! I went for a mustard one from AGF instead. Great detail on your top. Merry Christmas! Love from Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your T-shirt. The fabric is so beautiful, thank you for posting this. I am very tempted to buy a length with my Christmas money.
    I took advantage of the veg bargains in ASDA. My Christmas wasn't restful with a house full of family but we had a great time together.
    Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...