Friday 4 November 2016

Sweet Potato, Carrot and Apple Soup (Vegan/Gluten free)

My son actually requested I make us a soup today, quite unusual for him to request something healthy but progress at least.  Last week I made us a kale and watercress soup, today I did something different.
Very deep bowls so it looks like I haven't got much but there is quite a bit in there.

Ingredients
2 large carrots
1 large sweet potato
1 red onion
1 apple
2 tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1 veg stock cube
A little black pepper

Boil sweet potato and carrot until softened, fry onion in a little oil, add tomatoes and apple and fry a little longer. Once the veg are cooked add to the blender with stock made from the water the veg were boiled in ( or steamed, I usually steam them it just takes a little longer). 


Add onion, tomatoes and apples to the blender along with the cumin and pepper, blitz.  This amount served three of us with bread, I had gluten free toast with mine.  It could be stretched much further but I like it quite thick so not as much water.  I also made vegan lasagne for four but I will share that some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...