Monday 11 September 2023

Sewing Plans for Autumn

 Hello everyone, this week I have been thinking about what I would like to make for the coning season, I usually just make whatever takes my fancy and this does not always fit with the weather ahead.  I often think my wardrobe is more suited to the Mediterninean, and a lot of wishful thinking on my part.  This involes wearing summer dresses with three hundred denier tights in february and wondering why my clothes don't match.  So I thought I would at least do a tiny bit of panning this year and to aid in this I bought myself the September issue of Burda.

Now if you read this blog you may know that I have subscribed to Burda for a year in the past, so I have a number of copies.  I know a lot of styles repeat but it is good to have a brouse as a treat and also to see how things are put together, which may or may not be to your taste. (I do think some of the Burda styling is odd at times)

I have chosen a few things I want to make over the coming months and I know I do have similar patterns in my stash the odd thing is I rather enjoy the whole tracing them out of the magazine and hunting for the lines it is part of it somehow like doing a puzzle and very relaxing.  There is also the fact that I often find the Burda magazine patterns to be the best fit and far better than the bought print copies of the patterns.  This makes no sense but they always turn out well.

One of the patterns that I have chosen is along the same theme as an outfit I maded for work this week by Know Me Patterns by mimi G.  So the trousers I made from that set had a two tone effect here they are...


So here the two tone effect is in a wave across the trousers and the top, now this outfit is not for me.
The pattern I saw in Burda has french pockets and the effect at the bottom of the leg is in a straight diagonal across the calf like this...


I did have the idea to make these all in one colour and just use the diagonal detail as topstitching detail on the piece, my husband said if you are going to the trouble of cutting the pieces you may as well use two colours.  So this will mean buying an extra bit of fabric, as I already had the navy I intend to use for this.  My thoughts are this, much as I like these will I wear them much in two colours? As does that limit what they will go with? 

The  next choices are a zip neck top and dress plus a sweater for my husband and a croissant bag, just because it looked fun.  Those are the choices for now, I do tend to come back to these magazines later on too as the ones I own I tend to get out occasionally and have a look through with fresh eyes.

If you are interested in a look through the magazine I did a little flick through here on my youtube...


Have a lovely week wheverer you are. Take care.






1 comment:

  1. Otoño a la vista y nuevos proyectos...
    Yo también tengo tendencia a hacer demasiada ropa de verano, es tan bonita y alegre.....
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...